Dukascopy LIVE FX Trader Contest (the "Contest") is a competition between Community members ("Participants") using specific LIVE Contest accounts for manual and automated trading of FX pairs only.
The aim of the Contest is to reward the Participants getting the highest trading profits during a week.
1,050 USD are distributed every week to the winners. The 12 best performers are rewarded. The best one receives 300 USD. Prizes are credited to the winners' account, free of any condition or lien. Contrary to the previous DEMO Trader contest, winners are free to withdraw their prizes if they wish so, there is no turnover condition.
- Participants trade real money. Trading gains and losses on LIVE Contest accounts are theirs. They are solely responsible for gains and losses realized on LIVE Contest accounts and for opening, monitoring and closing positions on such accounts.
- A new Contest takes place every week and lasts only one week, starting market opening on Sunday 21:00/22:00 GMT until Friday 21:00/22:00 GMT (summer/winter time).
- Trading can be done using only the JForex platforms powered by Dukascopy Bank (Desktop, Android and iOS).
- Participants can trade both manually and automatically (using strategies).
- Only FX pairs can be traded in the scope of the Contest.
- There is no minimum or maximum account balance. It is possible to make deposits during the contest period.
- After start of the trading, Participants cannot make any withdrawal failing which they are excluded from the Contest for the all week.
- Live Contest accounts are subject to trading conditions (including margin requirements) exactly identical to regular LIVE accounts.
- Depending on the seriousness of the issue, Dukascopy Bank has the right to exclude any Participant from one, several or all Contests, e.g. in case rules governing the Contest are breached.
- Dukascopy has the right to modify the rules governing the Contests, without prior notice, at any time and at its entire discretion.
- Dukascopy may stop the Contest temporarily or permanently, at its entire discretion and without prior notice.
- Awards can be granted only in case of positive trading performance.
- The trading performance is calculated for each week separately, for each Contest.
- The total prize pool of the Contest amounts to 1,050 USD. It is distributed among a maximum of 12 winners in the following manner:
The prizes are credited to the winners' trading LIVE accounts. If the latter account is denominated in another currency than USD, Dukascopy Bank converts the prize(s) into the currency of the account. Such conversion is subject to regular fees as per the fee schedule posted on Dukascopy Bank’s website.Prizes are free of any lien or conditions.The results/winners of every contest period will be published during the next week.
- 1st place - 300 USD;
- 2nd place - 200 USD;
- 3rd place - 100 USD;
- 4th place - 90 USD;
- 5th place - 80 USD;
- 6th place - 70 USD;
- 7th place - 60 USD;
- 8th place - 50 USD;
- 9th place - 40 USD;
- 10th place - 30 USD;
- 11th place - 20 USD;
- 12th place - 10 USD.
- The ranking of the Participants only depends on their profitability at the end of the Contest. Possible drawdowns do not interfere with the ranking of Participants.
- Profitability is measured accordingly to the following formula:
Profitability, % = Net PnL in current week Previous Friday's Balance - Withdrawals + Deposits
- Participants excluded from the Contest, if any, are not counted for establishing the ranking.
- Participants appear in the ranking published by Dukascopy Bank on its Contest webpage after they start trading.
- The ranking of each Participant is published using his/her Dukascopy Community profile. However, names and surnames are hidden to other Participants. Only the Community nickname is shown publicly.
- As an exception to above (v), if Participants also take part to the Miss Dukascopy contest, their names and surnames appear publicly on the Contest webpage.
- Participants must open one and only one LIVE Contest account. Such account may be opened via the "Trading accounts" page of "Trader’s reports".
- Participants can use only one active LIVE Contest account during each Contest.
- For the needs of publications, Participants are also required to have a Dukascopy Community member profile and to link it with their LIVE Contest account. The linkage can be done on the "Account page" of the "Trader’s reports".
- The registration is a one-time procedure, which is valid for an unlimited number of Contests. Hence, there is no need to register before each Contest.
- Participants must obey the principle of Fair Play as specified below.
- In general, Participants must refrain from any dishonest or unfair conduct with regard to the Contest and other Participants.
- In particular (but not only) the following is not permitted and trigger temporary or permanent exclusion of the Participant from the Contests:
- Trading in grouped or coordinated manner with other Participants (including but not limited to trading in opposite direction together with other Participants);
- Making oral or written agreements with other Participants in view of distributing/sharing Contest Prizes;
- Spamming other Participants in private messages and comments.
- Participants understand and agree that the Contest webpage, any trading data, any picture, personal data, and any other information they post in Dukascopy Bank's Community Blog are accessible to the public and that Dukascopy Bank does not ensure any confidentiality in this respect. Moreover, Participants expressly waive the benefit of the Swiss Banking Secrecy and release Dukascopy Bank from any liability in that respect in the frame of the LIVE FX Trader Contest / Community Blog.
- Participants agree that Dukascopy Bank has the right to use for its own purposes any kind of information posted by Participants within the framework of the Contest, without further notice, without prior consultation or further approval from the Participants. Dukascopy Bank may use this data including but not only for promotional activities or statistics collection.
- When entering into a Contest, Participants expressly and irrevocably accept the above rules governing each Contest.
For feedback, questions and comments please send an email.