READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the “T&C”) CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS IN RELATIONS WITH DUKASCOPY
Dukascopy FX Article contest is a unique competition elaborated for participants simultaneously passionate about Forex and writing about it. Unlike other contests held by Dukascopy, the article contest does not presuppose the conducting of trading activities of any kind or coding strategies. On the contrary, the concept of the contest is built around the text content. Any article or publication dedicated to the subject of FOREX is a candidate for participation.
Within the newly emerging Dukascopy Forex Community (DFC), the article contest may equally be a way of sharing Forex-related ideas for new participants and a good applied tool for traders already participating in Dukascopy trading contests.
Every participant is allowed to post up to 4 articles per 1 contest period. By default, contest period is 1 calendar month. All articles are uploaded to Dukascopy Contest webpage and are published only after the moderators check whether they comply with the Rules. The ranking of competitors is based on bulk popularity of their articles (number of views from Unique IP address), their rating ("likes" on Facebook, Dukascopy Thumbs up) and Dukascopy expert evaluation of the best author"s article.
The Contest is conducted regularly on a monthly basis with the total monthly prize fund of 23 000$ to be shared among the winners. Prizes are awarded in form of LIVE trading accounts with Dukascopy.
We sincerely hope that the contestants do themselves have an understanding of the social "taboo" topics not tolerated on any respectful website or Internet resource. However, before passing to the creation of your contest article, please make sure that you are familiar with the major restrictions allotted to the texts:
- The article should be created exclusively for the Dukascopy FX Article Contest by the same person who submits it for the Contest.
- Dukascopy FX Article Contest is not for advertisement purposes. Contestants are not allowed to include any information that directly promotes their professional activity, even if it is related to Forex. Neither are they permitted to promote or popularize any third parties in their texts. This restriction applies also to all kind of Forex industry-related products as trading robots, strategies etc. commercialized by individuals or legal bodies.
- Do not create misleading descriptions of your texts or allocate inappropriate headings (captions) with the purpose of increasing the article"s popularity.
- Do not make derisive and specific references to any of the existing articles posted for the Contest, whether directly or indirectly. Any indications or appeal for certain actions with respect to the Contest participants (commenting or evaluation particular articles) is forbidden.
- Existing partners of Dukascopy (Introducing brokers and Money Managers) are not allowed to promote themselves in the articles. This refers to mentioning any reference numbers, stressing the link with Dukascopy etc.
- Respect copyright. Do not submit texts you didn"t compose or use content that someone else owns copyright to, such as snippets of copyrighted programs, pictures, photos, tables, charts or articles created or owned by other users or any third party without necessary authorizations. Note that breach of this rule may lead to your personal liability towards the author.
- No use of trademarks. Do not use the names or trademarks of established brands in a way that might suggest that you are endorsed by or otherwise affiliated with such brand. Consider also that the excessive use of brand names may violate the rule against direct or indirect marketing.
- Do not include content that violates any of the sensible areas described in the guidelines on restricted or sensible topics.
- Do not post any links to viruses, Trojans, worms, time bombs, malicious code or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information in or connected to Dukascopy FX Community.
Please take these rules seriously. Dukascopy warns participants against trying to look for loopholes or trying to circumvent the guidelines in any manner. Sticking to the rules is in the interest of the contestant himself/herself, as an article that does not comply with the requirements will not pass the pre-moderation and will not be accepted to the Contest, may be removed at a later stage and even lead to the disqualification of the Participant, thus making the invested efforts senseless.
Reminder: Please note that all articles pass through the Dukascopy compliance examination before being accepted to the Contest and published. This might cause a delay before the article is accepted for the competition and is published. Dukascopy does not warrant the publishing of an article within a certain timeline, although it shall use its best endeavours to place all articles online within the shortest possible time.
Please familiarize yourself with the list of topics you should stay away of or be maximally cautious when composing your article. When scanning the article for compliance, Dukascopy will pay special attention to ensure the following issues are avoided:
- Pornography or sexually explicit content
- Racism or sexual discrimination
- Hate speeches
- Shocking & disgusting content
- Unlawful acts
- Infringements of intellectual property
- Violation of privacy
COPYRIGHT ATTENTION: Please be especially careful with the use of 3rd party materials for your articles. All the legal risks lie solely with the participant. Although Dukascopy experts examine submitted articles for infringement of intellectual property during pre-moderation, the Company does not take any responsibility for participants violating the intellectual property laws.
Also note that any visitor of the website can press the "report abuse" button to complain about a possible infringement of intellectual property. The article can be disqualified from the participation at any time. The contestants that do not respect copyright might be banned from the Dukascopy Contests forever.
The ranking of the submitted articles is determined based on 3 factors that may totally give a maximum of 300 points:
- Popularity - Summary of articles" and participant"s popularity. Maximum 100 points, up to 4 articles. Popularity is measured as follows:
- Numbers of unique IP visits to the profile page and articles - 30%, 10 external views have the same weight as 1 view of a registered DFC user.
- Number of comments made to the Contest articles - 35%
- Number of votes for the Contest articles - 35%
- Quality comprises of the following and is the marks that are put by the Moderators before the article is published online:
- Formatting Formatting should only be used to emphasize a certain point. Using bold or other style for whole paragraphs is unacceptable. Avoid underlined words if possible to avoid confusion with links. We evaluate the relevance of use formatting tools and the looks of the article.
- Paragraphs Articles should be well-structured, and divided into paragraphs by sub-topics.
- Titles, subtitles, tags A title should be a reflection of the essence of the article, and not a string of hype of attention grabbing words. If your text has sub-heading, they should be styled accordingly. Tags are they index terms that point at the most important pieces of information in your article.
- Relevant pictures Any text looks nicer with illustrations, but they should be close to the topic and relevant. We evaluate the quality and relevance of pictures.
- Basic grammar We don"t expect articles to be grammatically perfect, but there are some unforgivable things. Many tend to forget that sentences start with a capital letter and end with a punctuation mark. Also, one dot, question or exclamation mark is sufficient most of the times. So please avoid things like: "i started trading..... and... it was good!!!?!?!??!?!" or "y U nO pUt Me gOoD mArK dukascopy????"
- Expert opinion - Expert"s opinions of the most popular article submitted by the Participant for the Contest period. Top 20 Author’s articles chosen by criteria 1 and 2 will be evaluated by the Dukascopy committee. Maximum 100 points
According to the places in each nomination the Participants will gain points from 100 till 1 in the following sequence: (1) 100, (2) 95, (3) 90, (4) 89, ... (92) 1.
Please note: In case of equality of points, the ranking will be based on the chronological order of registration time.