Hi all my friends this month I have decided to analyse the NEW Zealand Dollar as I saw it has witnessed a free fall against all its counter parts. I am trying to find out what are the possible reasons and and from here what are the prospects for its future growth.
In the fundamental factors let's have a look at GDP, INFLATION RATE TRADE BALANCE and UNEMPLOYMENT RATE which affects currency value.
GDP OF NEW ZEALAND:
In the first quarter of 2018 New Zealand GDP has shown a growth of 0.6% which is same as 0.6% of last quarter of 2017.
In the contributing factors breakdown is as follows.
- Service industries shown a growth of 1.1 percent, driving economic growth.
- Primary industries weakened, down to 2.4 percent.
- Capital goods also shown rise thus lifting investment.
- GDP per capita shown a rise of 0.1 percent.
- Real purchasing power of New Zealand’s income rise up to 1.4 percent.
Pie Diagram representation of contributing factors.
Year-on-Year and Quarter-on-Quarter comparison of GDP numbers.
Breakdown of GDP components.
INFLATION IN NEW ZEALAND:
In first quarter of 2018 CPI in New Zealand fell to 1.1% from 1.6% of last quarter of 2017. In the components housing and other ho…