First, sad things, many participants have reached Top-10 but were disqualified for violation of contest Rules. Many of then tryed to get an "unfair advantage over other Participants" intentionally, some of them did it occasionally. So live examples and short Do-Not-Do List (coming soon) well create pure competition in Contest.
Second, changes in Rules had their effect! Pip-hunters have almost gone. New brilliant strategies have reached winners list and will receive their deserved prizes. Every winning strategy deserves its own review and we will publish the most interesting innovations.
Starting from January 2014, the Rules of Strategy Contest will be changed. In order to make the competition more open and transparent, following changes will be applied:
- Performance will be valued by a maximum of 200 points (changed from 100).
- Maximum Drawdown valuation will be added. It shows maximum sum of consecutive losses. It will be valued max 50 points for 0% Drawdown (0 points for 100%).
- Popularity, PipExpert and Dukascopy points will be discarded.
- Bonuses for Open Code and Visual strategy will be unchanged.
- Strategy has to be described in detail in order to receive the prize won in contest. This means that a description of the trading logic, chart examples and other necessary information should be present in strategy description.