Dukascopy
 
 
Wiki JStore Search Login

Backtesting!
 Post subject: Backtesting! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Mar, 2023, 17:25 
User avatar

User rating: 0
Joined: Sun 26 May, 2013, 12:18
Posts: 39
Location: India,
Hi,
In the new Jforex platform, I am not able to find the historical backtester that used to be there in earlier jforex platform.

Would like to know where I can find all the details and resources for backtesting and as well as for writing strategies.

Thanks,


 
 Post subject: Re: Backtesting! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 17 Mar, 2023, 14:01 

User rating: 2
Joined: Mon 05 Nov, 2012, 11:56
Posts: 75
Location: Germany,
mrlfx wrote:
Hi,
In the new Jforex platform, I am not able to find the historical backtester that used to be there in earlier jforex platform.

Would like to know where I can find all the details and resources for backtesting and as well as for writing strategies.

Thanks,



it is there "View --> Historical Tester " but in hangs in the air! very poor design...

@dukascopy can you please fix it to the bottom panel as before ? Thanks

Image


Attachments:
his.png [41.76 KiB]
Downloaded 729 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.
 
 Post subject: Re: Backtesting! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 18 Mar, 2023, 09:49 
User avatar

User rating: 0
Joined: Sun 26 May, 2013, 12:18
Posts: 39
Location: India,
ccadar wrote:
mrlfx wrote:
Hi,
In the new Jforex platform, I am not able to find the historical backtester that used to be there in earlier jforex platform.

Would like to know where I can find all the details and resources for backtesting and as well as for writing strategies.

Thanks,



it is there "View --> Historical Tester " but in hangs in the air! very poor design...

@dukascopy can you please fix it to the bottom panel as before ? Thanks

Image


Thanks! I can find the history tester.

Do you use the tester for yourself. I am trying to run a trial strategy just to log out some comment whenever the candle is engulfing or a harami for example. But I am unable to find where the outpu is jforex platform.
Any idea!


 
 Post subject: Re: Backtesting! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 18 Mar, 2023, 18:03 

User rating: 2
Joined: Mon 05 Nov, 2012, 11:56
Posts: 75
Location: Germany,
mrlfx wrote:
ccadar wrote:
mrlfx wrote:
Hi,
In the new Jforex platform, I am not able to find the historical backtester that used to be there in earlier jforex platform.

Would like to know where I can find all the details and resources for backtesting and as well as for writing strategies.

Thanks,



it is there "View --> Historical Tester " but in hangs in the air! very poor design...

@dukascopy can you please fix it to the bottom panel as before ? Thanks

Image


Thanks! I can find the history tester.

Do you use the tester for yourself. I am trying to run a trial strategy just to log out some comment whenever the candle is engulfing or a harami for example. But I am unable to find where the outpu is jforex platform.
Any idea!


you must select the "Messages" under the View as well..you will find your log info in the bottom panel under Messages tab..


 
 Post subject: Re: Backtesting! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 Mar, 2023, 11:30 
User avatar

User rating: 0
Joined: Sun 26 May, 2013, 12:18
Posts: 39
Location: India,
ccadar wrote:

you must select the "Messages" under the View as well..you will find your log info in the bottom panel under Messages tab..



Thanks. I can see the logs on "Messages" tab for both live strategies as well as during backtesting using the history tester


 

Jump to:  

cron
  © 1998-2023 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com