Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API bug reports in this forum only.
    Submit Converter issues in Converter Issues.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Usability bug: compile fails silently when same script is open in more than one tab
 Post subject: Usability bug: compile fails silently when same script is open in more than one tab Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Nov, 2019, 14:21 

User rating: 2
Hi

If you have the same script open in more than one tab and hit the compile button in the toolbar, nothing happens.

Clearly, JForex doesn't know which version to compile, which is fair enough.

But unless the user notices there was no confirmation of the compile on the Messages tab, they will be surprised when their changes don't appear when they run the script.

And even if they do notice the compile didn't run, they may well not understand why and think it's a bug in JForex.

The solution, I think, is to pop up an error message saying something like:

"Unable to run compile: script is open in more than one tab".

Post subject: Re: Usability bug: compile fails silently when same script is open in more than one tab Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019, 01:00 

User rating: 2
I normally code in my IDE but have been writing some indicators and it's convenient to test them in the client, so I've been hitting the compile button a lot.

The issue seems broader than I reported above. The button loses contact with the compiler quite often - you click it and nothing happens. I do think that multiple copies of the same script are implicated, but sadly I can't offer you a repeatable pattern - it seem to be quite random.

You can always resort to compiling by right-clicking the script in the Navigator, so it's not a deal killer. But you might want to take a look to see if you can spot the cause.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com