Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Break out does not work. Please help.
 Post subject: Break out does not work. Please help. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Mar, 2019, 08:01 

User rating: 0
Hey guys
I need your help. I'm new to Visual JForex.
I have a very simple strategy. However, it is not working properly.

Idea: Go long if today's high is higher than yesterday's high.
Go short if today's low is lower than yesterday's low.

Can anyone help me finding the mistake(s) here.
Thank you very much.
Best

Attachments:
Day_Break_Strategy.vfs [33.66 KiB]
Downloaded 182 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Break out does not work. Please help. Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 20 Mar, 2019, 11:05 

User rating: 3
Hello Gormanous,

do you want to open a position during the day, when prices breaks through yesterdays low...or do you want to open a position at the end of the day when price closes below yesterdays low?

Your strategy code compares the bid price when a new day starts with the lowest bid price of yesterday. (StartPoint onCandle and then you set the filter daily candle).
If theres is no gap the open bid price is always higher than the lowest yesterday bid price. Thats why no position is opened.

If you speak german, perhaps we can move to the german community section. That would be a lot easier for me.
If you have further questions let me know. Perhaps I can help you with your journey to learn Visual JForex.

Best regards
Michael

Post subject: Re: Break out does not work. Please help. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Mar, 2019, 13:13 

User rating: 0
Hi Michael

Thanks a lot.
Yes, let's move to the German section.
See you there.

powerof618 wrote:
Hello Gormanous,

do you want to open a position during the day, when prices breaks through yesterdays low...or do you want to open a position at the end of the day when price closes below yesterdays low?

Your strategy code compares the bid price when a new day starts with the lowest bid price of yesterday. (StartPoint onCandle and then you set the filter daily candle).
If theres is no gap the open bid price is always higher than the lowest yesterday bid price. Thats why no position is opened.

If you speak german, perhaps we can move to the german community section. That would be a lot easier for me.
If you have further questions let me know. Perhaps I can help you with your journey to learn Visual JForex.

Best regards
Michael

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com