Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

ontick/oncandle startpoint
 Post subject: ontick/oncandle startpoint Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Jan, 2019, 09:42 

User rating: 0
Hi,

i have questions to ontick and oncandle startpoint.

When i use ontick startpoint and after this the indicator SMA10 with 30 min period and shift = 0. Will there be different values for the SMA10 every tick or will I get for every tick the same values and only for a new 30 min candle there will be a new value.
How will an if-Filter for example, lastcandleperiod = 1 min, after ontick startpoint change the results and what would be the difference to an if-Filter lastcandleperiod = 1 min after oncandle startpoint?

Thank you very much for your help.

Post subject: Re: ontick/oncandle startpoint Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Jan, 2019, 14:59 

User rating: 0
Will there be different values for the SMA10 every tick or will I get for every tick the same values and only for a new 30 min candle there will be a new value.
-I think it's a yes. You can simply drag out the sma10's output on the page then running the strategy and visually seeing the dynamic value changing in every tick. It's a good characteristic of VJF.

Post subject: Re: ontick/oncandle startpoint Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 Feb, 2019, 17:07 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello

Q: When i use ontick startpoint and after this the indicator SMA10 with 30 min period and shift = 0. Will there be different values for the SMA10 every tick or will I get for every tick the same values and only for a new 30 min candle there will be a new value.
A: Yes, it will be recalculated on every new tick. As last candle changes, it will generate a little different result.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com