Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

how to make the strategy to work on only one instrument?
 Post subject: how to make the strategy to work on only one instrument? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 May, 2014, 10:56 

User rating: 0
I made some strategy that the close of last trade will trigger the next trade open. But sometimes it trigger the next trade in another instrument.
This only happens when I use the strategy in Jforex (remote run), in visual jforex I had no problem.
Is there some way to get around this? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: how to make the strategy to work on only one instrument? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 May, 2014, 12:27 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Greetings,

Did the strategy subscribed to a proper currency pair and trade on another ?
Can we have a look on your vfs file in order to provide accurate help?

Thx

Post subject: Re: how to make the strategy to work on only one instrument? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 May, 2014, 20:48 

Hi:

Thanks for your reply. I did apply the strategy on the right currency. If I only trade one currency in one account, that's no problem. But once I trade some other currency, the strategy is confused. It's even more confused if I apply the strategy on several currencies at the same time. Hope you can find my error from the jfx file.

The strategy is quite simple, just reverse the direction and put a new order once the SL is triggered, I made this to be able to start the trading loop from my phone. It's close to be done and I appreciate your help in making it really working.

Attachments:
SemiMartingale_market3_multiple.jfx [28.84 KiB]
Downloaded 137 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: how to make the strategy to work on only one instrument? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 May, 2014, 13:57 

Greetings,

Thanks for the provided information but this forum is dedicated to Visual Jforex strategy builder platform. If you need support on your Jfx strategy please re-post your question under automated trading section.
ps: you may be asked to post a .java file rather than a compiled one;
Thanks

Post subject: Re: how to make the strategy to work on only one instrument? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 May, 2014, 20:17 

Oh Sorry. I just realized I could export the .vjf file format. So here it is as attached. Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
SemiMartingale_market3_multiple.vfs [50.82 KiB]
Downloaded 142 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: how to make the strategy to work on only one instrument? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 27 May, 2014, 12:06 

Greetings,

Thanks for that./ Your strategy doesn't trade at all, at least the attached version as "Begin" variable is stuck at 0 value. On the other hand, subscribing to an instrument out of the trade Event start point is not needed and doesn't make sens so you can delete this block/
feel free to raise any question...

Thx

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com