Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Contest strategy in VJFx.
 Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Oct, 2013, 09:57 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello, Heruar.

Strategy works OK with Contest.
From my side: "Strategy added to contest successfully"
Problem mast be in the account. So register new Community account and try to set your strategy to the contest from Visual.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Oct, 2013, 13:26 

User rating: 11
Thanks for the info Vadim, but...

It would be a lot easier for me if you guys fixed my account.
Making a new account would create a world of problems for me: I'd have to announce the contest team of the new account and reason, establish if I can link it to my real money account and with the contests and so on...
Isn't there any way to fix this, other than creating a new account ?
I need a programmer that works for Dukascopy to access my account and test the problem first hand.
Can't you see some kind of logs to my account, or check for inconsistancies between my account and yours or any other account ?
I doubt a talented programmer, that made Visual JForex happend, can't get a fix for a stupid problem like this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards ,

Heruar

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 14 Oct, 2013, 11:11 

User rating:
Hello, Heruar.

I'm part of Strategy Contest team. You would not have any problem with double accounts and real account opening.
That problem can not be reproducer on other accounts. So the shortest solution would be changing accounts.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 14 Oct, 2013, 14:49 

I understand.
So, I need to open a new account ( can't remember how, but I keep searching ) and start next month with the contests fresh...
The real account should be linked to the new account I guess...
Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 14 Oct, 2013, 15:01 

It's done.
My new account is Heruar2. I'll start making a strategy and see if I can upload it to contest.
Any problem if I have both accounts active ? I mean I only use Heruar2 for testing purposes until the end of the month.
Not doing anything until I hear from you.
Don't wanna mess up both accounts. :)

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 16 Oct, 2013, 09:56 

User rating:
Thank you for your understanding.
Please make a note somewhere in comets that double registration is approved by Strategy Contest Administration.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Oct, 2013, 10:07 

Hi Vadim ,

Here's the *.vfs file I used in strategy contest.
Thank you.

Attachments:
Heruar.vfs [31.9 KiB]
Downloaded 169 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Nov, 2013, 06:31 

Hi Vadim ,

I just re-built my strategy on my new account. (same strategy)
Unfortunately I get the same stupid JSON Decoding Error: 4 when I try to upload to contest.
This is getting really frustrating ! What am I missing ?
My suggestion is for you to log on to this account and test everything you can and please fix this.
If you'd like, and have the time, we could talk on skype or some other audio communication program tonight after 6 PM (GMT+2) and maybe help me get to the bottom of this. I have some knowledge of programming in Java and other programming languages if that helps.
Please advise.
Thank you.

Edit: I keep thinking what can it be... The strategy can be uploaded from any account it seems (You, Bruno...) I made a new account and that doesn't change anything. Unless there's a weird coincidence on both accounts, then there must be something I'm doing wrong. This is driving me crazy :)

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Nov, 2013, 13:25 

I'm going to explain step by step what I'm doing:

- first I login to Dukascopy account on webpage.
- I go to FX Community -> Strategy Trading Contest -> My page
- Then I go to My strategies and push the "Create Visual strategy" button. The Visual platform opens.
- I login (right up corner) with same account and password as on the webpage.
- I create,load or import a strategy. Neither one works. I tried different strategies too.
- I press the Build button(optional) and after "build successfuly" shows, I press Contest Button and a little popup appears to enter a name for contest.
- I choose a name and press Contest button on the popup.
- I get JSON decoding error: 4.

Am I missing anything or doing anything wrong ?
Awaiting eaggerly for your response.
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Nov, 2013, 16:08 

User rating: 0

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Nov, 2013, 06:48 

Good morning Vadim ,

I have another idea. Can you make a new account and import my strategy and see if you can upload it to the contest ?
And better yet, if it's not that much trouble, can you make a video of the whole process and maybe see what I'm doing wrong ?
Can't stop thinking about this bug.
In my line of work I have to find technical solutions for problems and implement them. So you can imagine how hard it is for me to wait for someone to solve this problem for me :)

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Nov, 2013, 13:37 

I just deleted Heruar2 account. I will make another account to test in Visual JForex named LittleBotVFx from a different IP and see if that changes anything, later today. If it doesn't work then, either no new accounts can use Visual JForex or I'm doing something wrong everytime.
Please say something Vadim.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 Nov, 2013, 00:10 

User rating: 0
Same problem.. cannot upload strategy to contest through Visual JForex..
The contest box doesn't list my strategies.. so cannot select one.. so cannot submit for contest.
This seems to be the real problem.

Giving new name also doesnt work, then you get the JSON decoding error: 4
Browser: Chrome on Windows, latest JAVA client 32 bit.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 Nov, 2013, 11:17 

nuonrg wrote:
Same problem.. cannot upload strategy to contest through Visual JForex..
The contest box doesn't list my strategies.. so cannot select one.. so cannot submit for contest.
This seems to be the real problem.

Giving new name also doesnt work, then you get the JSON decoding error: 4
Browser: Chrome on Windows, latest JAVA client 32 bit.

Glad to see I'm not alone with this. I mean I'm not glad it happend to you, but you know what I mean :)
I was beginning to think I'm the only one with this problem.
I just thought of something... brb.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 Nov, 2013, 11:25 

I was reading the last comment and I thought to myself: aren't the build button and the contest button related ?
I mean if you build a strategy shouldn't it appear in the contest popup (see picture) ?
Maybe there is a problem with the build or contest function and it's related to the account somehow.
Just an idea for the programmers. Maybe it helps :)

Attachments:
Strategy Contest.JPG [105.12 KiB]
Downloaded 524 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 Nov, 2013, 14:54 

I couldn't wait anylonger and submitted my last strategy again on this account.
Until the issue is fixed there's nothing else I can do.

Any news Vadim ?

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 Nov, 2013, 19:11 

Hi Vadim ,

Missed me ? :)

I just had another idea and I think I'm on the right path now.
I was at a friends house earlier and he's also on Dukascopy.
The interesting thing was... he showed me something on Visual Forex he was working on and he logged in with his Username and Password.
I login with Email and Password ! If I try logging in with Username I get JSON Decoding Error: 4.
I'm thinking: if I could login with Username then maybe I can upload strategy to contest.
I think this would be the easiest thing to check with my account.
What do you think ?

Awaiting your response.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Nov, 2013, 11:54 

User rating:
Hello everyone.

I'v been reading your reports all the time and we are working on that issue.
Until it is fixed, I'll add 15 points manually in Dukascopy points.

P.S. congratulations to Heruar for 4th place in October SC.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Nov, 2013, 18:46 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
Hello everyone.

I'v been reading your reports all the time and we are working on that issue.
Until it is fixed, I'll add 15 points manually in Dukascopy points.

P.S. congratulations to Heruar for 4th place in October SC.

Hi Vadim ,

Thank you for everything.
I hope you can find and fix the bug.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 04 Dec, 2013, 22:33 

Hi Vadim ,

Could you help me out with something.
My strategy in the strategy contest doesn't want to run. It keeps returning "Compilation Error" when I try to start it.
I wrote an e-mail to [email protected] but no reply, no fix, no nothing.
It's the same strategy I used for the past 3 months. I only tweaked a little the SL and Volume, but that shouldn't affect the compilation. ( made the changes in Visual and copied the code again and uploaded it to contest). I tested it in Visual historical tester before uploading it, and worked just fine.
A simple "noted" or "checking for problem" or any answer really would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com