Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Can`t load a saved strategy
 Post subject: Can`t load a saved strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jun, 2013, 15:44 

User rating: 1
Hi.
I wrote my strategy saving the file on the server overwriting it several times.

Now I can`t load it. It gives Error #2030

Another saved strategies loads well.

Post subject: Re: Can`t load a saved strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jun, 2013, 10:28 

User rating: 6
This problem can occur from time to time.

As we are still in Beta, we improve the servers very often.

Just try to load your strategy a little bit later.

Post subject: Re: Can`t load a saved strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jun, 2013, 00:18 

User rating: 7
Yogurt - current best practice is to export every strategy before you save. This way you always have a backup and you are not relying on cloud storage.

DoC

Post subject: Re: Can`t load a saved strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013, 06:46 

User rating: 0
I have a similar issue, when I save it saves in the save dialog and sometimes I can load from the dialog sometimes the error. nothing I save appears in the my strategy section on the right although it used to, meaning I can't compile or get the source. Have tried clearing Java cache, and accessing from multiple PC's and operating systems but the problem is the same indicating it is on the plattform rather than a local issue

Post subject: Re: Can`t load a saved strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013, 10:08 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Greetings.

You have five options to save your strategy:

1. File -> Save draft. That will save layout of blocks in your current DC community account.
2. File -> Export. That will give VFS file to save on your hard drive.
3. Compiler -> Built. That will compile the strategy and it would be saved in "My Strategies" repository.
4. After point 4. you can view JAVA code of the strategy: right click on it in "My Strategies" -> View Source. You can run it on JForex platform.
5. Compiler -> Contest. That will place the strategy on your "Strategy Contest" page to participate there.

Choose wisely. 8-)

Post subject: Re: Can`t load a saved strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 11 Sep, 2013, 14:25 

User rating: 0
I must say I never find anything in this website ?

I try to view the source code in java from a vfs file but nothing works

1. ...
2. ok but can't be opened by Jforex so...
3. ok but only visible when I open the visual jforex platform
4. Where is the folder "my strategies" ? in Jstore, I see nothing, in my account I see nothing and in the visula jforex platform I see nothing ...Please hire programmers from Apple, I will see the sky ;)

Seriously it is a mess for me. Is it easy to convert a vfs file in java ?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Can`t load a saved strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Sep, 2013, 11:33 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Greetings!

Quote:
I must say I never find anything in this website ?

You can find anything you want! If not you can ask the community in the knowledge section.

Quote:
2. ok but can't be opened by Jforex so...

Have a look here https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=49976

Quote:
3. ok but only visible when I open the visual jforex platform

You can also see it in JForex platform! Just follow the link above.

Quote:
4. Where is the folder "my strategies" ? in Jstore, I see nothing, in my account I see nothing and in the visula jforex platform I see nothing ...Please hire programmers from Apple, I will see the sky

First, you have to login with your Community Login. Then go to "strategies" and the you will see "MyStrategies". If you register your Community Account with an extended DEMO account it will be automatically linked to your platform. Otherwise you have to go to "My Account" in your platform and link it separately.

But please, to save us both time dealing with it: Please watch the tutorials/videos about Visual JForex. In every video you'll find useful information.
https://www.google.lv/search?q=youtube+ ... 4QSbu4DYBw

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com