Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

My fault or bug ?
 Post subject: My fault or bug ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 07 Sep, 2013, 15:23 

User rating: 0
Hi Sirs,

please see the picture below.

Tk

Attachments:
File comment: bloks
Two_ema_simple_long.vfs [31.34 KiB]
Downloaded 137 times
File comment: picture
2013-09-07_16h11_50.png [309.15 KiB]
Downloaded 418 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: My fault or bug ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 07 Sep, 2013, 15:26 

foget this one too:

Attachments:
File comment: bloks_picture
2013-09-07_16h12_40.png [119.89 KiB]
Downloaded 419 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: My fault or bug ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Sep, 2013, 08:22 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Hmm...Probably your are using as a default period 10min?

Post subject: Re: My fault or bug ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Sep, 2013, 13:43 

Hi dirk

I made some changes.
My goal was to have a hourly chart with a 10 minutes step.
Now it works.

Attachments:
File comment: set_2
2013-09-09_13h48_22.png [6.41 KiB]
Downloaded 385 times
File comment: set_1
2013-09-09_13h48_05.png [50.24 KiB]
Downloaded 394 times
File comment: After change
2013-09-09_14h17_10.png [114.97 KiB]
Downloaded 375 times
File comment: Changes
2013-09-07_16h12_40.png [231.95 KiB]
Downloaded 376 times

Post subject: Re: My fault or bug ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Sep, 2013, 16:16 

Nice to know :)

But you are quite aware that using "defaultPeriod" makes it easier to switch between the TF, right? Sometimes it is useful to define a certain period, if you want to compare a strategy(candle) with your TF you want. I know it sounds a bit confusing but i still hope you get the point :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: My fault or bug ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 11 Sep, 2013, 02:31 

Tkyou, Dirk, Yes,

Trading Systems; A New Approach To System Development And Portfolio Optimisation By Tomasini & Jaekle

pg. 90

Changing the compression of the price data

In order to perform a test we need to have data that was not used during the building and
the development of the trading system. This data is called out-of-sample data. The
simplest way to get such out-of-sample data for your trading system is just apply it to the
same market and the same data but to change the timescale. Although in this way the
new timescale is not really different, its price structure changes a lot within diverse
timescales. Therefore many valuable trading systems which work well on one timescale
fail completely on another scale in the same market.

I have read on the subject of Maximum Adverse Excursion (MAE),

is already implemented on JForex or is in Visual JForex hidden somewhere?

Are there in JForex or in Visual JForex other tools to optimize strategies?

Tkyou

Post subject: Re: My fault or bug ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Sep, 2013, 09:05 

Greetings!

Quote:
is already implemented on JForex or is in Visual JForex hidden somewhere?

Unfortunately not.

Quote:
Are there in JForex or in Visual JForex other tools to optimize strategies?

Yes. Historical Tester in JForex and VJF, optimization tools are in JForex Historical Tester, too.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com