Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Contest strategy in VJFx.
 Post subject: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Jul, 2013, 18:22 

User rating: 11
Can someone tell me if the following example counts for the 15 points bonus ?

I make the strategy with Visual JForex and export it to My Comp and then upload it as an usual strategy to my contest account.
Does that work ?
Can someone shed some light on this matter ?
Is this a puzzle contest ?
No information anywhere on how to upload the strategy...
VJForex platform gets an error when trying to post to contest ...
Any ideas anyone ?

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jul, 2013, 17:03 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello Heruar.

You can participate in Strategy Contest with strategy developed in Visual JF in two ways.

First. Create strategy, Compile it and send it to Contest. Menu Compiler -> Contest.
That will place strategy in your strategy list and you will receive 15 point bonus on it.

Second. You can create strategy, Compile it and get the source java code of it.
Then Yo can edit it and place it in Contest in usual way. But that would not give you 15 point bonus.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 09:00 
Site Administrator

User rating:
Visual JForex is still in Beta and its popularity is incredible, so please be a little bit patient.

Question: in Visual JForex, when you click Compiler - Contest, what happens? Do you get a JSON error? Why can't you upload directly your strategy?

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 09:15 

Bruno_Grunberg wrote:
Visual JForex is still in Beta and its popularity is incredible, so please be a little bit patient.

Question: in Visual JForex, when you click Compiler - Contest, what happens? Do you get a JSON error? Why can't you upload directly your strategy?

Hi ,

Posted all over the forum because I was getting frustrated (you answered another question of mine in another post, similar to this).
I got the code and uploaded it manually in a java file. (specified that it was made with VJFx)
Anyway, the reason was that pesky json error indeed.
Hope it gets fixed soon, because I plan to improve my strategy with the new fun blocks in VJFx :)
This program was a wonderful idea, but it needs alot of work to get it out of beta ;)

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 11:19 
Site Administrator

User rating:
The JSON error hunt is making progress every hour.

We believe we are close to the solution. :idea:

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 11:42 

Bruno_Grunberg wrote:
The JSON error hunt is making progress every hour.

We believe we are close to the solution. :idea:

Hi Bruno ,

I'm not sure if you can help me, but I'll ask anyway :)
Do you know if I post my second strategy (only have 2 attempts a month) in the contest made with visual and uploaded correctly, do I still get the bonus points ?
Any information on how that rule works would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 11:48 
Site Administrator

User rating:
You do not get point for uploading a strategy.

You get points by submitting a strategy to the contest:

The points will be credited maximum 1 hour and 15 minutes after your submission.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG [22.67 KiB]
Downloaded 969 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 13:03 

Bruno_Grunberg wrote:
You do not get point for uploading a strategy.

You get points by submitting a strategy to the contest:

The points will be credited maximum 1 hour and 15 minutes after your submission.

What I meant by uploading was starting (submitting) the strategy in the contest.
And I wanted to know if I submit another strategy made in VJFx later on using the Contest Button in VJFx, do I get the 15 points ?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Jul, 2013, 10:07 
Site Administrator

User rating:
Yes

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Jul, 2013, 11:50 

That's good to hear.
Any update on the JSON error ? Still not working...

Thx

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Jul, 2013, 14:30 
Site Administrator

User rating:
Quote:
Any update on the JSON error ?

The fix has already been tested successfully and will be deployed very soon now.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Jul, 2013, 09:15 

Has been deployed. Still not working :(

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 08:44 
Site Administrator

User rating:
Really :?:

We had a lot of feed back from users saying it works fine.

Please send your user ID and a step by step of how you did it, at what time, etc. so we can investigate.

Screenshots would be highly appreciated (especially of the error messages.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 09:04 

I've posted like a million times.
I attached the strategy in a previous post. It's quite simple really.
I login to Visual JForex. Username: [email protected].
All I do is load the strategy (Open draft), go to compiler menu and select Contest. I write any name and press Save and then I get JSON deconding error: 4. I attached a print screen.

I've used Windows XP 32bit (@work) and Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (@home) and nothing works.
I've used Mozzila Firefox and Google Chrome and still doesn't work.
I'm out of ideas. Tell me what to try...

Attachments:
JSON.JPG [105.4 KiB]
Downloaded 831 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 09:21 
Site Administrator

User rating:
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

I did not find the strategy in the post. Could you post it here please?

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 09:31 

It was posted in the Bug thread under JSON decoding error.
I attached it again.

Attachments:
LittleBotVFX.vfs [31.66 KiB]
Downloaded 419 times

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 09:38 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 4
Heruar wrote:
It was posted in the Bug thread under JSON decoding error.
I attached it again.

This problem is not possible to repeat, except you, so it is difficult to us to fix it.
But we investigate it.
Soon we will have the new version on Demo and it will bring us closer to your problem.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 10:18 

Did you try uploading my strategy to a contest account ? Via Visual JForex I mean.
Does it work ? My logic is as follows:
If it does work then the problem is with my account.
If it still doesn't work then the problem is with the strategy itself, or maybe with the action Visual JFx performs when it uploads to contest.
Maybe it doesn't correlate the account from VJFx to the one on the contest page.

Although to me this strategy should work fine, you know better how Visual JFx really works.
Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 10:51 
Site Administrator

User rating:
I did it and it works for me.

Post subject: Re: Contest strategy in VJFx. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Oct, 2013, 08:19 

Hi Bruno.

I lost 15 points last month on the strategy contest, because I can't upload my strategy from Visual JForex to contest.
You said in another post I still get the points if I upload it manually (extract the code to Java), because of JSON Error 4,
but I got nothing.
Can we fix the problem already, because it's been 3 months now and still no fix.
I'm pretty sure the problem is with my account but I don't have access to all the information you have, so please look into it.
Thank you.

Regards.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com