Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Stop Loss failed. UK news knocked me 77 pips off.
 Post subject: Stop Loss failed. UK news knocked me 77 pips off. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013, 10:37 

User rating: 0
I wonder why the stop loss does not work this morning at 8:30 GMT. I was shorting GU and the stop loss is 10 pips. However when the UK news came out, the stop loss failed to stop at the setting price. It finally stopped but I have lost 77.3 pips. :x

I thought the puppose of the SL is to protect the money when this going on. If the stop loss does not work, how can I protect my accoount? :(
Attachment:
130425 SL didnt work.png [162.77 KiB]
Downloaded 396 times

Post subject: Re: Stop Loss failed. UK news knocked me 77 pips off. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013, 10:46 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 4
lilinld wrote:
I wonder why the stop loss does not work this morning at 8:30 GMT. I was shorting GU and the stop loss is 10 pips. However when the UK news came out, the stop loss failed to stop at the setting price. It finally stopped but I have lost 77.3 pips. :x

I thought the puppose of the SL is to protect the money when this going on. If the stop loss does not work, how can I protect my accoount? :(
Attachment:
130425 SL didnt work.png

Your bug report has only screenshoot.
Can you provide your Visual JForex strategy (vfs) file or java source file? You can sent it to the [email protected].

Post subject: Re: Stop Loss failed. UK news knocked me 77 pips off. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013, 17:51 

User rating: 0
Visual Support wrote:
lilinld wrote:

Attachment:
The attachment 130425 SL didnt work.png is no longer available

Your bug report has only screenshoot.
Can you provide your Visual JForex strategy (vfs) file or java source file? You can sent it to the [email protected].

Here is the trading record, i am not sure if it is what you mentioned.

Attachments:
130425-trade record 2.gif [27.08 KiB]
Downloaded 424 times
130425-trade record 1.gif [11.35 KiB]
Downloaded 444 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Stop Loss failed. UK news knocked me 77 pips off. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Apr, 2013, 08:03 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 4
lilinld wrote:
Here is the trading record, i am not sure if it is what you mentioned.

Once again the order fill or close performing is not field of Visual JForex. Visual JForex creates the strategies.
With your problem, you need to write email to the [email protected] .

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com