Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Contestant's guide
 Post subject: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Aug, 2011, 12:55 

User rating: 8
edited on 1.12.2011

Dear contest Participants, this post will give you some good advice on how to succeed in the competition.

1) Get familiar with the Rules.
2) Read the FAQ and Recommendations carefully.
3) Pay special attention to how the ranks are calculated.

Views - Summary of articles' number of views. Maximum 100 points, up to 4 articles. The views of not registered to Community users are given less weight on the rating - 10% of a registered user's view.
    Popularity - Summary of articles' and participant's popularity. Maximum 100 points, up to 4 articles.

Number of unique IP visits to the profile page - 20%, same calculation algorithm as with article views.
    Number of comments made to the contest articles - 40%
    Number of votes made to the contest articles- 40%

Dukascopy - Expert's opinions of 1 the most popular Participant's submitted article for the Contest Period. Top 20 Author's articles chosen by criteria 1 and 2 will be evaluated by the Dukascopy committee. Maximum 100 points

The formula of success is seemingly simple, you just need to compose interesting articles that attract a lot of attention. Think about formatting, and Netiquette (don't break the golden rules, like "ALLCAPS", "everything in bold" etc. ), use "preview" button to check how your text will look like until you submit it for the competition.

Think about the calculation system again - you want many views and many likes. You can get them from inside the Dukascopy Forex Community and from the outside. Share your articles on Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, your blogs, anywhere else on the web. We have minimized the weight of external clicks to lower the incentive of using rogue marketing methods like bought clicks. Note that we are monitoring view statistics and it is in your best interest to stick to fair play principles. The special buttons can be found under each article and these "likes" are counted on the same basis as the regular Dukascopy likes and are combined in the "Number of votes" figure.
Another thing you definitely want is many comments. Think of ways how to start discussions under your articles.

Hint: By not doing those simple things you allow the Contestants that are currently taking the leading positions to maintain them - they get popularity ranking because people click on their profile pages in the top10.

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Nov, 2011, 12:16 

User rating: -
The points calculation need to be changed slightly.

Number of views + comments + Vote + unique ip all factors relate to marketing of the article which consist 66% weight of result. Article quality is only 33% given by dukascopy expert.

In addition 1st position in views = 100 marks and 2nd 95 and 3rd 90 which makes huge difference . Now if a person writes really bad and if he can maintain good marketing then he gets 100 +100 = 200 and gets only 80 to dukascopy still he can maintain 1st position. This causes participants to focas on marketing not to writing quality. for comments you get comments back mostly if u comments other peoples blog.

Such discrimition of marks causes writers to cheat what you have mentioned. bots , links buy etc. Do u think u can stop these by checking ? I gurantee that YOU CAN NOT STOP. because there are smarter peoples who will discover new way to cheat.

WHY not change mark distribution ?? Give 100 to first 99 to 2nd and 98 to 3rd and so on ??

if so , there is still incentive to marketing but he needs to focus on article as well.

a person will not be able to ensure 1st ...2nd position even if he gets 100+100 in popularity. Dukascopy marks should not be cronologial rather it should be quality basis. The best may get 100 or 80 but 2nd can get even 50 if his quality does not match. I mean dukascopy mark should not be relative to others.

This will be easy to implement. In coding you need 10 minutes to change mark distribution. If this system used then no need to check cheating . Even if 1-2 person gets million views then he is ahead of only 2 marks which can be compensated by quality writing. Untill and unless competitors reach 50 person this system would work fine.

Then the participant policy will be to marketing + writing both well . None can escape simply cheating . if cheaters wish to buy clicks and use bots in such situation then no harm. they have to be excel in writing as well. otherwise they can not win.

Dukascopy wants quality, right ? they want visitor to site , right? this system will serve both without hastle to check fair play policy

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Nov, 2011, 13:57 

Ghost wrote:
The points calculation need to be changed slightly.

Number of views + comments + Vote + unique ip all factors relate to marketing of the article which consist 66% weight of result. Article quality is only 33% given by dukascopy expert.

In addition 1st position in views = 100 marks and 2nd 95 and 3rd 90 which makes huge difference . Now if a person writes really bad and if he can maintain good marketing then he gets 100 +100 = 200 and gets only 80 to dukascopy still he can maintain 1st position. This causes participants to focas on marketing not to writing quality. for comments you get comments back mostly if u comments other peoples blog.

Such discrimition of marks causes writers to cheat what you have mentioned. bots , links buy etc. Do u think u can stop these by checking ? I gurantee that YOU CAN NOT STOP. because there are smarter peoples who will discover new way to cheat.

WHY not change mark distribution ?? Give 100 to first 99 to 2nd and 98 to 3rd and so on ??

if so , there is still incentive to marketing but he needs to focus on article as well.

a person will not be able to ensure 1st ...2nd position even if he gets 100+100 in popularity. Dukascopy marks should not be cronologial rather it should be quality basis. The best may get 100 or 80 but 2nd can get even 50 if his quality does not match. I mean dukascopy mark should not be relative to others.

This will be easy to implement. In coding you need 10 minutes to change mark distribution. If this system used then no need to check cheating . Even if 1-2 person gets million views then he is ahead of only 2 marks which can be compensated by quality writing. Untill and unless competitors reach 50 person this system would work fine.

Then the participant policy will be to marketing + writing both well . None can escape simply cheating . if cheaters wish to buy clicks and use bots in such situation then no harm. they have to be excel in writing as well. otherwise they can not win.

Dukascopy wants quality, right ? they want visitor to site , right? this system will serve both without hastle to check fair play policy

Thank you for this suggestion, we will consider your recommendations.

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Nov, 2011, 17:11 

Thanks ghost for the proposal. I vote you 100% .

if your system was allowed then the present artilces point would be like :

Speculatorbd = 199
Ajer = 199
Ksalom =195
Ritesh =193
Adask =190
Nagarajaadija = 189
LinnuxFX =187
fxprophet =184
Solas =184
Milani =184

So the gap of higest point and lowest point of top 10 = 15 only . So even number 10 would have chance to be number 1 if his article was outstanding . In the same time no worry about cheating.

I guess this popularity method should be same for other contest . I found many complain about the cheating , self comment in trading blog as well . So fight among members will be less.

If performance and pip point is calculated similarly then it would be superb. Fight will be more competitive and fun. More challenge = more thrill and more satisfaction.

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Nov, 2011, 18:12 

upps , sorry one mistake above.

if such proposal accepted the points of speculatorbd and ajer would be 198 not 199 . So gap of top 1 and top 10 postion would be 14 points only

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Dec, 2011, 10:59 

Dear contest Participants,

reacting to recent rating tempering attempts and your suggestions on our forum, we have decided to slightly amend the rating calculation algorithm.

Starting with December, the views will have less weight on the rating, thus minimizing the incentive to abuse such marketing means like adverts, link exchange networks and so on. In particular, the popularity rating will have weights of 20%, 40% and 40% to profile views, comments and rates respectfully.

The other measure we are taking is dividing users to registered to the DFC and not registered. 10 visitors not logged in to the community will have the same effect on the rank as just 1 registered user.

These measures are meant to minimize the effect that visitors have on user's rating to make participants care more about writing nice articles and discussing their views on FX topics rather than web marketing of their works.

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 19 Apr, 2012, 08:12 

User rating: 0
AdrianWS is repeatedly using the metatrader screenshots to substantiate his articles. This is against the rules of the dukascopy contest (Refer rule no.10, participation rules).

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 26 Apr, 2012, 17:39 

User rating: 1
Satish wrote:
AdrianWS is repeatedly using the metatrader screenshots to substantiate his articles. This is against the rules of the dukascopy contest (Refer rule no.10, participation rules).

Metatrader is allowed.

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=46047

I don't see why you have a vendetta against me? Also look at old forum posts where all these issues have come up before.

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 Jun, 2012, 13:19 

User rating: 1
hi support,
i use dsl connection to login and view articles when am at home.when am away or when dsl has any connection problems i use my gprs/3g connection to do the same both are not static ip..
does it come under any violation of rules...

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jun, 2012, 13:48 

tulasi wrote:
hi support,
i use dsl connection to login and view articles when am at home.when am away or when dsl has any connection problems i use my gprs/3g connection to do the same both are not static ip..
does it come under any violation of rules...

Hello, no, it is not a violation

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Mar, 2013, 21:03 

User rating: 2
Attending a in Dukascopy TV regarding Article contest has any effect on your points? I could not see any guideline for this.

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Mar, 2013, 19:36 

Curious about popularity points. How is it calculated and how can you rank before your opponent if you have more comments and likes? Is it because of his old articles?

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 12:00 

Lastly my facebook likes are not shown in the below box in March contest. Is it normal for them to delay?

I asked to many questions. Thanks in advance :)

Post subject: Re: Contestant's guide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Apr, 2013, 06:28 

Hello contest support, My facebook likes that came last day of March contest are not calculated. They should take me to first place.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com