Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Launching JForex with more memory (greater heap size)
 Post subject: Launching JForex with more memory (greater heap size) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Sep, 2012, 12:10 

User rating: 6
For anyone else who needs to run jforex in Windows with increased heap size but doesn't want to manually maintain a local copy of jforex.jnlp, in case it goes out of date, here is a batch file that downloads it and modifies the max heap size parameter on each launch:

@REM Use 'batch file parameter modifiers' to first change current directory to where this batch file resides
%~d0
cd %~p0
del .\jforex.jnlp
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\wget" --no-check-certificate https://www.dukascopy.com/client/demo/jclient/jforex.jnlp
.\ssr 0 max-heap-size=''512m'' max-heap-size=''4096m'' jforex.jnlp
javaws -J-Djnlp.client.username=DEMO2OMDAa -J-Djnlp.client.password=OMDAa .\jforex.jnlp

It requires:

Post subject: Re: Launching JForex with more memory (greater heap size) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012, 01:56 

User rating: 6
I could be mistaken, but I don't think I filed this under feature requests. The post above is actually a solution to the problem described in the title.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com