Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JForex Platform Auto Start Selected Strategies
 Post subject: JForex Platform Auto Start Selected Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Sep, 2012, 21:43 

User rating: 98
Sorry if this is a stupid question, or if it already exists.... :)

Is there any way to designate specific Strategies launched within the JForex platform, to be automatically started shortly after JForex platform startup? It would automatically start with last stored default startup properties, I suppose.

This seems like something which would be in demand. Does this already exist? The only way I know to do this is to write a Standalone Client, but then many JForex platform benefits are missing.

Something in the IContext would NEED to be testable, so it could be queried by user-written Strategies in the Java code, so the Strategy module could KNOW that it is being automatically started, and that it should not expect User interaction on startup.

Thank you for considering this feature. Sorry if it's already available... and I just don't know about it.

Post subject: Re: JForex Platform Auto Start Selected Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Sep, 2012, 23:21 

User rating: 94
Hi Hiperscalper:

One solution is creating a shortcut or batch file with the strategies we want to start as parameters to launch JForex by this shortcut or batch file.

You can find more information on Dukascopy wiki here.

Hope that helps

Best regards

JL

Post subject: Re: JForex Platform Auto Start Selected Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012, 00:55 

User rating: 98
Thanks! That's very helpful for starting up, I missed that one entirely.

Just unfortunate that the Captcha limitations of LIVE logins makes automatic logins impossible (without a static IP, etc)

Post subject: Re: JForex Platform Auto Start Selected Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 17 Sep, 2012, 00:48 

User rating: 94
Hi hiperscalper:

You are right, on LIVE we have the "gotcha" of the captcha and the pin number to start the platform if we don't have static ip where we can disable the pin "feature". We need to start manually this part, don't know other way. On my direct shortcut to LIVE with JForex i have this problem too.

Best regards

JL

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com