Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Using the text input interface - tips and hints
 Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 15 Mar, 2012, 12:19 

User rating: 0
yesterday i post an article, i already have it in mc word, than i did copy paste my article (word) to dukascopy..but i see something wrong in my article than i do little editing..but after that the 'justify' is uncontrollably..

i just want to inform that, cos i could fix my article in word and paste to dukas when i already done..

thanks you

java

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Mar, 2012, 12:10 

User rating: 8
java wrote:
yesterday i post an article, i already have it in mc word, than i did copy paste my article (word) to dukascopy..but i see something wrong in my article than i do little editing..but after that the 'justify' is uncontrollably..

i just want to inform that, cos i could fix my article in word and paste to dukas when i already done..

thanks you

java

Note that the editor on our website is removing all the "extra" webcode, also the HTML code that MS Word uses for formatting. Sometimes, when copying something from word/ pdf/ html you might experience that kind of surprises.

Such forced text alterations are used to improve the readability of the articles on the website.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 19 Apr, 2012, 15:55 

User rating: 1
I believe it's much easier to start and finish writing your article directly in MY PAGE here at dukascopy.com. Then all those formatting and editing problems disappear. At each point you can SAVE AS DRAFT and come back anytime you want.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 19 May, 2012, 11:04 

User rating: 3
Comenium88 wrote:
I believe it's much easier to start and finish writing your article directly in MY PAGE here at dukascopy.com. Then all those formatting and editing problems disappear. At each point you can SAVE AS DRAFT and come back anytime you want.
Cheers

I tried typing directly in MY PAGE with some text bold and italics and saved as draft, but when i reopen it the formating is gone, the words just appear as normal and not bold or italic. Could you suggest what could be the problem.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 19 May, 2012, 11:50 

alifari wrote:
Comenium88 wrote:
Cheers

I tried typing directly in MY PAGE with some text bold and italics and saved as draft, but when i reopen it the formating is gone, the words just appear as normal and not bold or italic. Could you suggest what could be the problem.

Thanks

Greetings Alifari,

I have encountered the same problem. If you use the Firefox Browser for the Draft,
you might want to try Internet Explorer. The underlined and bold characters are
saved properly in that browser. Maybe the Firefox settings are messing with the cookies
or java.

Best regards,
Doctortyby

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 20 May, 2012, 00:48 

User rating: 94
Hi all:

I use almost only Google Chrome and never have that problems.

Good weekend to all

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 May, 2012, 09:52 

User rating: 2
alifari wrote:
Comenium88 wrote:
Cheers

Thanks

had same problem using firefox: it should depending on cookies. with internet explorer have no problems anymore since with it i have default cookies setups.
i'm not sure it is about cookies, i'm not a programmer, but with IE it works good while with firefox does not.
good luck :-)

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 May, 2012, 10:01 

Quote:
had same problem using firefox: it should depending on cookies. with internet explorer have no problems anymore since with it i have default cookies setups.
i'm not sure it is about cookies, i'm not a programmer, but with IE it works good while with firefox does not.
good luck :-)
Quote:

Will try typing with internet explorer and see if it works.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 19 Aug, 2012, 17:15 

I've just checked my article using Firefox for the first time and it looks a bit sloppy... With IE9 everything looks perfect, the images are centered, the text is where it should, no problems. I did not try Google Chrome but it probably looks like Firefox as well.

I've looked at some other articles and none of the images they use are centered (unlike IE9), so the text input interface is obviously flawed. I just hope the Dukascopy experts use IE, because otherwise some articles will be penalised (quality factor) for something that is not their fault... :|

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 Aug, 2012, 21:59 

SpecialFX wrote:
I've just checked my article using Firefox for the first time and it looks a bit sloppy... With IE9 everything looks perfect, the images are centered, the text is where it should, no problems. I did not try Google Chrome but it probably looks like Firefox as well.

I've looked at some other articles and none of the images they use are centered (unlike IE9), so the text input interface is obviously flawed. I just hope the Dukascopy experts use IE, because otherwise some articles will be penalised (quality factor) for something that is not their fault... :|

Hello SpecialFX,

I can confirm your problem with Firefox 15.0.

Good article btw! ;)

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Oct, 2012, 15:34 

User rating: 0
I'm also having trouble with Firefox and Google Chrome. None of the images that I uploaded are displayed in my article.

How can this get corrected?

Thanks and regards.

SmithJr wrote:
SpecialFX wrote:

Hello SpecialFX,

I can confirm your problem with Firefox 15.0.

Good article btw! ;)

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Dec, 2012, 01:42 

Having the same problem. It's interesting that the article and charts save fine in the draft but if you then go to preview they're gone.

If article is saved properly in the draft, can I post it without using preview, because that part seems to be what deletes the charts.

Or will the charts still not show eve if you avoid preview? Anyone tried this?

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Dec, 2012, 10:27 

fxsurprise8 wrote:
Having the same problem. It's interesting that the article and charts save fine in the draft but if you then go to preview they're gone.

If article is saved properly in the draft, can I post it without using preview, because that part seems to be what deletes the charts.

Or will the charts still not show eve if you avoid preview? Anyone tried this?

Still not clear how non-IE users post charts for the article contest.

I tried using the latest versions of google chrome, opera and firefox and encountered exactly the same problem, the article and charts save fine in the draft but if you then go to preview they're gone.

I've also been informed by Dukascopy that if the charts are not there during preview they will not be posted.

Any help or tips? I can't use latest IE 9 as it requires different operating system then mine and I couldn't even load dukascopy.com properly with IE 8, it hasn't been updated in years.

Thanks.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com