Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Using the text input interface - tips and hints
 Post subject: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Aug, 2011, 15:58 

User rating: 8
Dear DFC Participants,

this post is intended to give you some help regarding the article text input interface. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to leave your comments in this topic.

Note that your pre-formatted text will be reshaped to the format acceptable for the contest - font size, color, text alignment, etc. The only acceptable formation options for text are - bold, italic, underline, link, numbered list, unordered list. The spacing before and after lines will remain unchanged, as well as the capital letters.

At this point the more advanced embeddable elements such as interactive dealcharts and rankcharts from trader/strategy contests are not yet available, so the only embeddable element is an image. To add an image, simply upload it via the special interface initiated by pressing the button in the upper text editor menu. The image will appear in your text and you can move it around. The full-sized image will be available on click when the article is uploaded.

The maximum allowed size for an image is 130kb, the acceptable formats are .jpg, .jpeg and .png.

To format your text, you can use the buttons found in the upper part of the text input interface.

b – select words to make the selected text bold. E.g. some text
    i – select words to make the selected text italic. E.g. some text
    u – select words to underline the selected text. E.g. some text
    unordered list button – select lines to create an unordered list (bulleted)
    ordered list button – select lines to create an ordered list (numbered)
    url button – a link to another web-page. Select some text, press the button and paste the url of the web-page in the dialog window. E.g. some text
    remove url button – removes url from selected text

Subscript and superscript formatting is also available.

You can save your current progress by saving draft that is later accessible in "My page" section.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011, 01:15 

User rating: -
Good day to you all.

Quick question. What exactly should I click on to get the image into the text using the tags. After I clicked on the Choose File tab, I could the small image of the chart right below, but I dont know what to do next to get into the text. Cut and paste doesnt seem to be the way.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011, 08:26 

Hello!

You can upload up to 9 images. The small picture you see under the upload button is the thumb of the uploaded image. To insert it in text, use tags [img], for example

text text text
[img1] Title of your first uploaded image (will display on mouse on the image in text) [/img1]
text text text
[img2] title of your second uploaded image [/img2]
text text text
<..>
text text text
[img9] title of your 9th image [/img9]

Should you need more help with uploading pictures, please do not hesitate to ask.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011, 16:12 

I am facing problem in uploading image.It shows error "server returns 423 http code" My image file size is less than 300kb.Please elaborate how to avoid uploading problem...

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011, 01:24 

Boy I am still clueless about how to upload images lol. Am I supposed to type ´img´?

What do I do step by step after the thumbnail of the image is displayed under the Choose File tab? Should I drag the small picture itself into the text? Do I start typing the name of the file in the text and then it would appear?

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011, 08:29 

Uploading image wrote:
Boy I am still clueless about how to upload images lol. Am I supposed to type ´img´?

What do I do step by step after the thumbnail of the image is displayed under the Choose File tab? Should I drag the small picture itself into the text? Do I start typing the name of the file in the text and then it would appear?

As this system is not 100% clear for all the users, we will make some changes to the interface to make in more intuitive.
At this point it works like this:
1) you upload an image(or images). If the upload was successful- you will see a small thumbnail of it.

To put image in the article, type tags [img] in your text.
[img1][/img1] will insert the 1st image.
[img2][/img2] will insert the 2nd image
[img3][/img3] will insert the 3rd image, etc.

Use button "preview" to make sure everything worked as you wanted.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011, 08:49 

nikunj0580 wrote:
I am facing problem in uploading image.It shows error "server returns 423 http code" My image file size is less than 300kb.Please elaborate how to avoid uploading problem...

This problem has been fixed. Please, try uploading pictures again.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011, 11:20 

Ok, yes I got it..thanks

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Aug, 2011, 10:21 

Daddy Papi wrote:
Ok, yes I got it..thanks

Update:

Now, when you upload a picture, the tags [img] are automatically inserted in the end of the article. You will just need to put them to the right place of the text.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Aug, 2011, 10:32 

I can't upload images....."Request sending error. Server returs 413 http code"

What should I do?

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Aug, 2011, 15:34 

thepipswizzard wrote:
I can't upload images....."Request sending error. Server returs 413 http code"

What should I do?

The problem has been fixed. Please, try uploading your article again.
Sorry for this inconvenience.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Sep, 2011, 12:10 

cant make bold or italic text, it changes but when i click preview there is no changes to text, am I the only one who has this problem?

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Sep, 2011, 13:09 

dellaGhetto wrote:
cant make bold or italic text, it changes but when i click preview there is no changes to text, am I the only one who has this problem?

Which browser are you using?

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011, 13:53 

User rating: 0
firefox

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011, 16:26 

delaGhetto wrote:
firefox

This bug will be fixed shortly.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 Sep, 2011, 08:45 

Contest Support wrote:

I still can't edit text. Another article without editing...

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Dec, 2011, 10:00 

delaGhetto wrote:
Contest Support wrote:

I still can't edit text. Another article without editing...

Can you please attach some screenshots? Text editing is working fine with firefox. Which version are you using? What exactly doesn't work? Have you tried reloading your page? shift +f5

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2011, 22:54 

nice features.... would like to see if various font sizes can also be included.....

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Dec, 2011, 07:44 

Tried using the Firefox too but I am unable to submit my article. It says my article is beyond the 1500 word limit. I used the Word count in my text editor (Microsoft Word) and found that the actual word count is 1479 but Dukascopy contest text editor says beyond 1500 words. So the bug has to do with your word count feature that needs fixing. I am unable to submit my article no matter what browser I use. Even Firefox and this getting very annoying.

Post subject: Re: Using the text input interface - tips and hints Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Dec, 2011, 13:18 

I seems to be having the problem of loading image file using the Add/Edit Image Interface.
I am using Firefox (v3.6.4) as well as IE 9 and both seems to be given me the same problem.
Please assist!
Thank you
klcfx

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com