Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 16:15 

User rating: 8
dedalus wrote:
Are we allowed to have several positions at the same time, but still only one per instrument (up to five); or just one position over all?

Also, about the number of instruments: it is said that we may subscribed up to five; can we change it from time to time from the workspace, still having five opened altogether max?

One position per instrument, 5 positions in total.

You may subscribe to as many instruments as you prefer.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 16:34 

User rating: 0
I see; I had completely misunderstood.

Thank you very much for the prompt and precise reply.

Post subject: Re: why Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 16:45 

catalinmia wrote:
why does it appear two ranks of contest? why do i appear in one? am i desqualified? i am for the first time on this contest. thank you.

There is only one contest ranking. Where do you see a second contest ranking?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 16:57 

A small comment about the rules.

I do understand the motivation behind the impossibility to move SL and TP: it definitely makes sense to me that you want to check the reliability of a strategy (or of a decision); if one is moving these levels back and forth I concur with you that it would be impossible to judge her/his way of reasoning (or at least very difficult).

Nevertheless, I think it would make sense still if you gave the opportunity to move SL and TP ONLY in the direction of the forecasted movement. This is a very basic requirement for any trading system (the old mantra: 'cut losses short and let profits run' ...).

Sometimes, for example, I have to close and re-open a position to reduce my risk and/or to move my TP: still I think my original idea is in place.

What do you think?

Thanks for this great opportunity to learn and have fun.

Post subject: Pips Expert Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 19:38 

How do you calculate the pips expert?

If I gain 50 pips on EURUSD, I should have 50 points in the pips expert. Is it right? In my case I have 55 points in the performance but 0 in pips expert. Why?

Post subject: Pips Expert Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 20:32 

Sorry...I have just understand the ranking rules..

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 20:35 

Yes, your calculation is right. Please reconnect your platform and verify once again.

Post subject: Pips Expert Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 20:44 

Yes, in the current leaders table I see the ranking due to the points gained, where can I see my points?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Dec, 2010, 10:23 

It is not possible to see the total amount of points (based on the pip/point conversion from pipexpert) you gained.

Post subject: Mis-use of the voting system to reduce traders performance Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Dec, 2010, 12:34 

User rating: -
Hello,

I have become aware that certain people taking part in the contest are using their votes in a vindictive way to reduce a traders popularity in spite of the fact that the traders are making winning trades with a good regard for money management and having a valid trading set up.

This is both unfair and a misuse of the voting system, I have been effected by this and so have other traders that are ranking in the top 10. I think that if you cast a vote you should have a valid reason for it and the voter details should be recorded, this would stop any one person voting in a negative way out of spite or in order to up his own ranking.

Votes are there for a reason and should not be mis-used for the purpose of increasing ones own ranking by degrading others unfairly.

Post subject: Re: Mis-use of the voting system to reduce traders performan Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Dec, 2010, 16:34 

User rating: 2
My full support for this post. I have noticed the same and was thinking of writing about this. Besides, you will never know who voted for what.
My suggestion would be, each vote (pos/neg) should be asked to give reasoning. After all, all the trades should come with comments, why note the Votes.
Support will you look into this.
tnx in advance

Fractal wrote:
Hello,

I have become aware that certain people taking part in the contest are using their votes in a vindictive way to reduce a traders popularity in spite of the fact that the traders are making winning trades with a good regard for money management and having a valid trading set up.

This is both unfair and a misuse of the voting system, I have been effected by this and so have other traders that are ranking in the top 10. I think that if you cast a vote you should have a valid reason for it and the voter details should be recorded, this would stop any one person voting in a negative way out of spite or in order to up his own ranking.

Votes are there for a reason and should not be mis-used for the purpose of increasing ones own ranking by degrading others unfairly.

Post subject: Re: Mis-use of the voting system to reduce traders performan Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Dec, 2010, 16:48 

User rating: 1
You've got my support too. Perhaps disclose who made the votes so that voting is open to public scrutiny.

Post subject: Miss popularity contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Dec, 2010, 09:33 

sky wrote:
Hi, thanx for the nice contest. i think it makes a lot of sense is to evaluate forecast quality by dukascopy. BUT: what surely does not make any sense, is to weigh the popularity in the community! what does this have to do with the succesful trading ? it is for some users also easy to use different IP adresses and influence the leader board or cooperate and influence the outcome. i mean that is clearly a joke. there are traders with already 50% add on to their account on place 15 to 30 and some traders popping out of nothing, with 4 tradesin the contest and within a few hours they gain 80 publicity points and 20 unique visitors. how is that possible? please definetely cancel this or control it better. and the second problem is what you say about longer term forecasts. i try my best with comments, but my trading style, which should be in the interest of dukascopy (in real life regarding volume commissions) is a high frequent one. my account grows steadily, but i guess my very short term, technical forecast, using momentum will not be as worthy as the lottery and wizard talk of some swing or position traders. just my 2 cents

I totally agree with sky. I guess Dukascopy has a reason for this apparently flawed ranking system. Think about it. If you want to be a winner you have to call all your friends and ask them to create an account at Dukascopy and vote you. More friends, more accounts and more votes. Just like Miss Popularity tv shows. But there is only one problem: 90% of accounts created will be from fake users, fake (dynamic) ips, just to create more and more votes, visits and comments... and by the way Enron marketing was the same. Dukascopy is making itself a huge disservice because it is one of the most trusted european brokers. This contest should evaluate trading performance and risk just like the contest on real accounts from Dukascopy where Time-Weighted Rate of Return is used. I was waiting for this contest for a long time and now I'm very disappointed because just like sky and others I can't trade. I'm not a financial analyst. I have only one question:

May I use in this contest only short term trades(under 5 pips)? You could answer yes but I have no chance to win because I'm not popular. Even if I would be popular, 25% from ranking score is Dukascopy's expert point of view which could be very subjective if he/she is not a trader. My advice is to change this rules immediately because I believe it's a trading joke, bad joke.

Post subject: Re: Please delete o rebalance Popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Dec, 2010, 20:34 

Hi Support,
I agree with "sky" and "MyOpinion". Popularity alter heavily the real ranking based on performances (equity and sum of pips).
So I suggest to delete Popularity or at least to reduce the percentage in Evaluation Structure. There are many possibility I suggest the following Evaluation Structure:

35% Performance
35% Pips Expert
5% Popularity
25% Dukascopy

Best regards,
Frank

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Dec, 2010, 08:55 

We understand your concerns about the voting system. Currently we are considering options how to make it more transparent and fair.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Dec, 2010, 16:58 

Dear Contestants and Forex Community participants,

Seeing the concerns you are expressing about the voting system, we would like to remind all traders that they should not underestimate the "popularity rating" enhancing capacities available to them in the framework of the traders contest.

Commenting your trades additionally to the compulsory 200 symbols, justifying your activities, posting links to your profile page on external internet resources and inviting your acquaintances interested in Forex to follow your activities/blog, participate in the contest or take part in the discussions is a direct way to increase your “Popularity” index. Moreover, this goes exactly in line with the aspirations of Dukascopy Bank to elaborate an attractive Forex Community, which would unify people interested in Forex under a professionally-focused dynamic environment.

The aim of the Traders contest is not only to create a competition of performance, but also to lay grounds for a prospective community and this is exactly why we are devoting particular attention and importance to the factors that are all unified under the "Popularity" name.

Dukascopy Traders contest support

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Dec, 2010, 13:17 

Dukascopy Bank announces that due to the inspiring high activity and interest for the Traders Contest the registration deadlines are being extended.

From now on, for each respective month, registration opens on the 25th day of the previous month and remains available until the 25th day of that month (not until 15th as it used to be). For example, registration for January 2011 is opened from 25.12.2010 till 25.01.2011.

Hence, new participants all encouraged to register for the current month until December, 25th and take the challenge to struggle for winning places already now!

Dukascopy Traders contest support

P.S. The respective adjustments to the contest rules will be made very soon.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Dec, 2010, 20:54 

:) I just got to know about the Contest about Duskacopy, I think is very cool , I just got in the 13 of this month, I already made a lot mistakes, but I am learning the platform and getting ready for the next contest, In my case I am totally unpopular, I know almost no body, but that is not my goal, My goal is became a much better trader with this ongoing contest, wich encourage me to improve my self in the long run, since you can tell, I am a looser, but this is a hope to me and get ahead and become a profitable trader I think is a very intelligent way to motivate people giving the opportunity all the time. No only one month, You going to built a big community here in no time. I am now in one of the last positions 353 of the 373 positions, I have time to end in a Higher position, My Goal is to be profitable.

Sincerely.

Cactis

Post subject: Unable to launch the application Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Dec, 2010, 03:32 

Hi, For the last few hours I get ''unable to launch the application''. Someone any help please?

Post subject: Re: Unable to launch the application Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Dec, 2010, 08:54 

Dog_Fafik wrote:
Hi, For the last few hours I get ''unable to launch the application''. Someone any help please?

Please make sure you are launching the platform via the proper link and that your are not experiencing Java-related issues. The platform is not installed on your computer, it's being launched every time as a separate Java-based application. Thus, it is always necessary to ensure the correctness of Java functioning.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com