Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: How can install the index and Expert Advisor to the term Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Jul, 2010, 11:47 

User rating: 8
Read the tutorial on how to run a strategy in JForex on our website. Go to "Forex trading"->"JForex"->"Documentation"->"Getting started".

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Jul, 2010, 08:40 

Firstly, big thanks to those who have already submit their registration to July JForex Contest.

For those who didn't register yet and who are still in doubts, we will briefly explain what they miss out!

Well here's what happened over the last contests...

- 2 participants managed to win in the contest 2 times in a row. Olto won the 3rd and the 1 st place with the total prize of 7500$ and szlnk won the 5th and the 3rd place with total prize of 3500$!

- Szlnk managed to win in the contest with only a small total profit of 84 $!

- Some participants were partially re-using the scripts of other developers and this is not prohibited by rules at all!

- With 10 winning prizes only 3 prizes were distributed to winners. The rest 7 prizes were vacant!

So, 5 days are remaining till the end of registration for July! Don't wait for too long as you might miss the boat!

Post subject: July contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Jul, 2010, 09:33 

Only 9 days left till the end of July's contest.

The leaders for this month don't look as confident as for the last one. Please keep in mind that everybody's strategy will be checked whether it complies with the contest rules.

Also, don't forget to start registering for the contest of August.

Good luck.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 27 Jul, 2010, 12:04 

This is the last week of July and we are getting closer to a new fresh contest start in August.

Take advantage of "many trader's having a vacation" and register your strategy for the next month. 5 000 USD don't grow on trees or do they? :)

Good luck.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 30 Jul, 2010, 14:36 

The last trading day of July!

Final contest results will be available next week. Meanwhile, get ready for the next month of trading.

Have a profitable August.

Post subject: Trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 Aug, 2010, 12:21 

User rating: -
Question : can i trade manualy or i must let my strategy do the work?!

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 Aug, 2010, 13:15 

From the rules:
Quote:
4. Trades must be mainly conducted by the Strategy script. In general, manual intervening is not allowed. In exceptional cases, the contestant may use manual trades to close positions, but the ratio of manually closed trades must be less than 10% of the total turnover. Dukascopy reserves the right to require Participant's explanation of any manual intervention with Strategy's operation, and accept or reject such an explanation at its sole discretion.

Post subject: Problem with activation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 Aug, 2010, 23:10 

Hi there, I dont know if I am writing in a proper board but I have got a problem with activation, link i receive in email is not working... https://www.dukascopy.com/?c1681d61175c0fcb769142e4f9e,

Post subject: August contest. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Aug, 2010, 08:34 

August has started with Tony leading the way.

Final results for July are yet to be published.

Keep in mind that you are able to participate in the contest for August if you register until the 15th.

Good luck and have fun!

Post subject: Re: Problem with activation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Aug, 2010, 09:02 

Could you please clarify with what kind of activation are you having this issue?

Post subject: had to fix strategy after contest start Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Aug, 2010, 17:58 

User rating: 0
I entered the contest with a strategy that placed a few trades already. Unfortunately, upon a required reboot, turns out the strategy had a bug that would make it crash if starting with an open trade. So it would not start anymore as-is.
I had to fix the strategy code (a simple thing). I emailed support about this but got no answer. Will I be automatically disqualified because the code changed ? Should I re-register for the contest ?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 07:49 

Hi,

I have one question. As I am participating in the contest I noticed that a trade is calculated for both entering (opening) the position and closing the position which implies that after making a trade (opening and closing) there is written 2 trades in the contest table. Am I right?

If I am right, then according to the rule: "The total amount of positions OPENED during the Contest must be at least 10", this implies that if you opened at least 10 positions in the contest there will be written AT LEAST 20 trades in the contest table. Is it correct?

If yes, then participants rylorin(14 trades), quantisan(16 trades) and jakil(19 trades) should be disqualified.

I would like to hear your comments.

Saras

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 08:25 

cebesaru wrote:
Hi,

I have one question. As I am participating in the contest I noticed that a trade is calculated for both entering (opening) the position and closing the position which implies that after making a trade (opening and closing) there is written 2 trades in the contest table. Am I right?

If I am right, then according to the rule: "The total amount of positions OPENED during the Contest must be at least 10", this implies that if you opened at least 10 positions in the contest there will be written AT LEAST 20 trades in the contest table. Is it correct?

If yes, then participants rylorin(14 trades), quantisan(16 trades) and jakil(19 trades) should be disqualified.

I would like to hear your comments.

Saras

yes . you are right

in the rules :
The total amount of positions opened during the Contest must be at least 10.

this statement is very clear ( opened ) !!!!
so when you open and close any deal , it's mean one trade as it's understanding form the rules

so those Contestants have made : ( rylorin(14/2=7 trades),quantisan(16/2=8 trades) and jakil(19/2= trades)

i hope that( jury contest) will correct the result , because ,that is unfair for other Contestants

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 09:24 

To brainstorm: You must send an email with the old and new strategy ID. And we will not disqualify you, however, once again this is done exceptionally.

To trader: A trade counts, once the position is opened. So if the results indicate 10 trades, it means, that 10 positions had been opened.

Best of luck!

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 09:57 

Contest Support wrote:

To trader: A trade counts, once the position is opened. So if the results indicate 10 trades, it means, that 10 positions had been opened.

Best of luck!

With all due respect to you

no , you are not right

I am the owner ID khaldonm ( 7th rank of July )

And i have opened 11 position last month .. And you counts it 22 trades !
look here
Contest Support wrote:
Participant: khaldonm
Total Trades: 22
Turnover: 67.77
Total Balance: 126 165.41

I'm sure of what I say and You can check my account statement with you to detect by your self !

so i hope you

please re-correct the final ranking

thank you

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 10:01 

Dear contest support,

Its obvious - I was participating last month and from position report I can see that my strategy opened 43 positions in July (Sarceb). However number of trades in the table is 86 - twice bigger!

your system counts trades this way: opening position - 1 trade, closing the same position - already second trade. If 10 positions were opened, 20 trades will be written in the table. It means rylorin had 14/2=7 opened trades, quantisan had 16/2=8 oepned trades and jakil 19/2=? trades. I am participating in this contest and I know that when I open the position 1 trade is counted, but when I close that position the second trade is calculated for whatever reason. It implies for me to have 10 opened trades during the contest means to have 20 written trades in the ranking table. Isn't it true? say your arguments..

3 traders should be disqualified in my opinion.

Sarunas

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 10:33 

But closing a position is the "same" things as opening a position in the other directions

If you buy 1 lot
and then sell 1 lot,
it is the "same" things as if you close the first position.

So closing a position can be considered as opening a position in the other direction.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 10:53 

Dear androw95220,

its not the same..

you can call the closing of the position as you wish, but its still closing..you are just playing with the words.

Look, If you buy 1 lot
and then sell 1 lot it is not the closing of the first position its just opening the new position (having long/short hedge at the same time), because in this contest we can have only one position opened at one time it means in order for you to open new position, first you need to close the old one. If you will push buy button and then sell button, you will have two opened positions, but not the opened and closed positions. Your idea is just kind of cheating with words, but not related with rules.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 11:10 

and one more thing. About the concepts: trade is a one side statement - either buy or sell. Both buy and sell are the trades. However position is a two sided statement, you are entering the position, but then you must close the position - it can not be left opened. If you want to enter the second position, first you must close the old one. Yes, the position entering and position closing involves 2 trades. Where is the problem:

if the rules would say that:

The total amount of TRADES opened during the Contest must be at least 10, then those guys would be fine. But the rules says:

The total amount of POSITIONS opened during the Contest must be at least 10. This means there should be made at least 20 trades to have 10 positions opened.

We should separate statements trades and positions. Each position involves 2 trades.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Aug, 2010, 11:19 

cebesaru wrote:
and one more thing. About the concepts: trade is a one side statement - either buy or sell. Both buy and sell are the trades. However position is a two sided statement, you are entering the position, but then you must close the position - it can not be left opened. If you want to enter the second position, first you must close the old one. Yes, the position entering and position closing involves 2 trades. Where is the problem:

if the rules would say that:

The total amount of TRADES opened during the Contest must be at least 10, then those guys would be fine. But the rules says:

The total amount of POSITIONS opened during the Contest must be at least 10. This means there should be made at least 20 trades to have 10 positions opened.

We should separate statements trades and positions. Each position involves 2 trades.

yes
the rules is very clear , The total amount of positions opened during the Contest must be at least 10.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com