Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Ability to read Indicator parameters programmatically from Standalone API
 Post subject: Ability to read Indicator parameters programmatically from Standalone API Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Jun, 2013, 21:56 

User rating: 7
Hello Dukascopy,

Could you please add to Standalone API ability to read indictors parameters?

For example I have on my chart MACD (8,8,8). I would like to be able to read those 8's, store them in XML file in order to restore the indicator after I open my application again.

I would like to have ability to retrieve:
* Indicator parameters;
* Colors;
* Line stroke types.

Thank you & best regards,
Kurak

Post subject: Re: Ability to read Indicator parameters programmatically from Standalone API Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jul, 2013, 12:57 

User rating:
IChartPanel.getIndicatorApperanceInfos() available with JForex-API 2.7.11

Post subject: Re: Ability to read Indicator parameters programmatically from Standalone API Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 14:25 

User rating: 164
Dear Support,

I am really happy for kurak77 that within a week (!) he got what he wanted, but why was this implemented that fast?
This feature request got around 75-80 hits (the number of Views of the topic), but there are plenty of other requests out there with nearly a 600+ views...
I know that the Views counter is not a real measurement tool, and for an older request the counter is of course, higher, but at least the Views counter could give an indication of the interests of the community. Don't you agree?

And how hard would that be to add voting possibility for requests? That would clearly show what request should be implemented with priority. Shall I create a feature request for `voting of feature requests`? ;)

I also understands that the requests are different in level of difficulty of implementing them, and certainly they are not handled like a FIFO, but currently it is impossible to see what is going on. So could you explain how a certain feature request is being selected to be implemented? Another user (hyperscalper) in another topic mentioned that he thinks that it is basically depends on the developer's mood, but please ensure me (us) that this is not the case...

Thanks for reading!
tcsabina

Post subject: Re: Ability to read Indicator parameters programmatically from Standalone API Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 15:03 

User rating:
tcsabina wrote:
And how hard would that be to add voting possibility for requests? That would clearly show what request should be implemented with priority. Shall I create a feature request for `voting of feature requests`?
We will consider this.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com