Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Implementing setLabel(String) for IOrder?
 Post subject: Implementing setLabel(String) for IOrder? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Dec, 2012, 22:36 

User rating: 98
I was wondering why there is no IOrder.setLabel(String)

Is there a way to achieve this for an existing order? Is there a reason why the label field is immutable in this way?

IOrder mergeOrders(String label,
                   Collection<IOrder> orders)
                   throws JFException

I know that this might be possible through the above merge, where the orders collection contains the single order which is to be given the new label. (I haven't attempted this.) Not sure whether a merge operation is possible with only a single order, but that could achieve a change of the label field to a new label String value. Would that be a way to achieve the effect? (Doesn't matter to me if the orderID changes.)

My Strategy might want to take control of an existing order, and change its label field to an alternate label.

Is this possible, or can it be achieved with a single order through some operation, such as the IEngine merge function?

If there is no real reason why IOrder.setLabel(String) couldn't exist, could you please implement it?

Thanks for considering this request.
HyperScalper

Post subject: Re: Implementing setLabel(String) for IOrder? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Feb, 2013, 09:57 

User rating:
Is implemented in a new API branch.

Post subject: Re: Implementing setLabel(String) for IOrder? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Oct, 2013, 22:10 

User rating: 9
can i ask what is different between Label and Comment ? in Iorder

Post subject: Re: Implementing setLabel(String) for IOrder? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Oct, 2013, 22:36 

User rating: 164
Label is what you see on the chart and what is shown in the report.
As far as I know Comment is only accessible by the API, and not used anywhere else. You can use it for your own purpose.

Post subject: Re: Implementing setLabel(String) for IOrder? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Oct, 2013, 02:58 

User rating: 9
tcsabina wrote:
Label is what you see on the chart and what is shown in the report.
As far as I know Comment is only accessible by the API, and not used anywhere else. You can use it for your own purpose.

Thanks you

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com