Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-3653 no locked state anymore?
 Post subject: JFOREX-3653 no locked state anymore? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Mar, 2012, 09:21 

User rating: 3
Dear Support,

Quote:
API 2.6.60:
addToMainChartUnlocked(T) - Method in interface com.dukascopy.api.IChart
Deprecated. Please, use method @link IChart.addToMainChart(IChartObject) There is no objects division onto locked and unlocked anymore

How can I prevent users from moving certain drawing objects on the chart with the new API?

Kind regards,
RR.

Post subject: Re: addToMainChartUnlocked(T) deprecated - no locked state anymore? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Mar, 2012, 12:24 

User rating:
RoadRunner wrote:
How can I prevent users from moving certain drawing objects on the chart with the new API?
In the current API implementation this is not possible, the functionality will be reintroduced with the JForex-API 2.6.64. Consider a temporary workaround using ChartObjectListener, for instance, on object select, deselect the object, or on object move, move back the object. See example using ChartObjectListener:
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Handle_chart_object_events

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-3653 no locked state anymore? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Mar, 2012, 13:42 

User rating: 3
ok, thank you for your reply.

We use a lot of visualisation in our backtesting, i.e. include a lot of lines, symbols, etc.
As now all objects are unlocked, they all show up in the chart-object-tree in the desktop's workspace client.

When we do run backtests over longer periods, this adds up to thousands of objects.
I haven't yet tried with the current release, but when you did temporarily remove the lock-feature in an earlier version (about 1.5 years ago?), the backtesting got slowed down so much that the application was stalling because the object tree was permanently updating.

Will you re-introduce the old functionality (addToMainChart and addUnlockedToMainChart) or will you introduce new methods and lock/unlock-features?
I hope you can release 2.6.64 anytime soon?

Kind regards,
RR.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-3653 no locked state anymore? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Mar, 2012, 13:53 

User rating:
We will add such possibility.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-3653 no locked state anymore? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 30 Mar, 2012, 08:42 

User rating:
RoadRunner wrote:
We use a lot of visualisation in our backtesting, i.e. include a lot of lines, symbols, etc.
As now all objects are unlocked, they all show up in the chart-object-tree in the desktop's workspace client.
Consider using:
https://www.dukascopy.com/client/javadoc//com/dukascopy/api/IChartObject.html#setVisibleInWorkspaceTree(boolean)

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-3653 no locked state anymore? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 30 Mar, 2012, 17:06 

User rating:
Added possibility to lock ChartObjects from strategies. See IChartObject.setLocked(boolean)
It will be available in a next API version.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com