Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

DDSJFX-168 getBars(..., filter, from, to)
 Post subject: DDSJFX-168 getBars(..., filter, from, to) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 11 Apr, 2010, 20:37 

User rating: 3
could you please consider including a getBars(...) with filter and from/to times:

getBars(Instrument instrument, Period period, OfferSide side, Filter filter, long from, long to);

Thanks a lot,
RR.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1654: getBars(..., filter, from, to) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 May, 2010, 07:11 

User rating: 3
Hi,

this topic has been moved to finished issues.
Will it get included in one of the next versions?
At the moment in order to get filtered bars within a specified period in time, one has to work with the start time of the end bar and the estimated number of bars for a shift back in time and then loop through the return list to get the bar that is >= the start time, one is looking for.
It would be very beneficial, if you could include a timefrom/timeto version of a filtered getBars.

Could you please let me know your plans?
Thanks, RR.

Post subject: gettimeForNBarsBack() / getTimeForNBarsForward() Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 Oct, 2010, 13:41 

User rating: 0
the getBars() API is not orthogonal it seems...

these 2 methods should also accept a Filter specifier. Otherwise one can not fetch the appropriate number of (filtered) bars, given a start time.

Example:
I need to fetch all bars between a certain point past in time (an order open for example) and now. I want to filter out all flats.
getBars() with filter specifier requires a number of candles, not "from" and "to" time specifiers. Since the bars are filtered, I can not know beforehand how many candles there are effectively between two points in time.

Alternatively to gettimeForNBarsBack() / getTimeForNBarsForward() also taking a filter specifier; a version of getBars() taking filter and "from" - "to" time would allow to do what is needed here.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com