Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-3490 Two hidden smoothing constant parameters of KAMA
 Post subject: JFOREX-3490 Two hidden smoothing constant parameters of KAMA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012, 05:43 

User rating: 0
Hello Support,

Typically the KAMA has three parameters that are the moving average period and two smoothing average periods for the adaptiveness.
The calculation is as follows:

KAMA = KAMA[1] + sc x (price - KAMA[1])

sc, smoothing constant, includes fastest moving average period (common default is 2) and slowest moving average period (common default is 30).

The default KAMA of Jforex has only one parameter, so I'd like to know the two hidden smoothing constant parameters.
Or, I'd like to get the custom indicator of KAMA that can change the two smoothing constant.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-3490 Two hidden smoothing constant parameters of KAMA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012, 11:13 

User rating:
See:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=42427

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-3490 Two hidden smoothing constant parameters of KAMA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012, 11:57 

User rating: 0
The myKama indicator (you showed the link) has errors, so I made this post.
I'll give up the custom indicator I mentioned, so I don't need any information to fix the myKama.
Please let me know the two hidden smoothing constant parameters of the default KAMA.

Thanks

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com