Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-3332: Range bars in stand alone mode
 Post subject: JFOREX-3332: Range bars in stand alone mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011, 09:24 

User rating: 0
hi,

Do you have a code example on how to launch a stand alone chart of range bars (live data - not historical) and applying a strategy on it?

From the code examples I could only find historical tester with GUI (and it was with a time based bar - not range bars).

thx!

Post subject: Re: developing in stand alone mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011, 09:42 

User rating:
Currently Standalone GUI mode is only available for backtesting and only Candlestick and tick charts are available. However, as a workaround for the latter you can consider drawing range bars yourself, as it is done in the following example strategy (mind to change the Range bar related imports, see viewtopic.php?f=65&t=43297&p=56450):
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/index.php?title=Range_Bars_with_indicators

Post subject: Re: developing in stand alone mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011, 10:50 

I'm not sure I understand -

How do you expect us to debug our strategies? We need to be able to work with a descent debugger.

Historical Backtestiing doesn't support Custom Ranges for range bars. So is this a dead end for us?

This is really bad news.

Any suggestion?

Post subject: Re: developing in stand alone mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011, 13:46 

User rating:
cb888trader wrote:
Historical Backtestiing doesn't support Custom Ranges for range bars.
There has to be a distinction between:
1) Historical backtesting, which supports range bar feed both in DEMO and Standalone.
2) Reading range bars from IHistory, which is available in Standalone (JForex-API 2.6.49), but in DEMO (JForex-API 2.6.38) you have to keep track of the values yourself - the data is there, you just need to assemble the range bars yourself.

Post subject: Re: developing in stand alone mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011, 14:59 

yes - I do understand that. BUT:

Historical Back Testing [using visual charts] on Range Bar - is not supported. I cannot create a chart in stand alone that load range bars. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Which mean - I don't have any visual interface to work with in a development environment that includes a debugger.

Since I cannot debug the JForex Client - what other choices do I have?

Post subject: Re: developing in stand alone mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011, 15:22 

User rating:
cb888trader wrote:
Historical Back Testing using Range Bar charts - is not supported. I cannot create a chart in stand alone that load range bars. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
This is the case, we plan to implement this with future releases.
cb888trader wrote:
Which mean - I don't have any visual interface to work with in a development environment that includes a debugger.
As a workaround you can consider plotting a rectangle chart objects from your strategy on bars chart (as done in https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/index.php ... indicators).
cb888trader wrote:
Since I cannot debug the JForex Client - what other choices do I have?
In JForex client - only logging your values to JForex console or to Java console.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-3332: Range bars in stand alone mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Dec, 2011, 17:00 

User rating:

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com