Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-2833 Indicator values problem
 Post subject: JFOREX-2833 Indicator values problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Mar, 2011, 19:16 

User rating: 0
Here is my problem:

I implemented a custom indicator in its own window. (not chart)
It calculates 3 outputs but I want to show only one output.
In code I set for output[1] and [2] Drawing.NONE. This is ok.
The lines do not appear on indicator screen.
For example
output[0] - has output values between -1 and 1 and its value is calculated using EMA and CCI as below.
output[1] is the EMA of the price, for USDJPY this has values similar to price, eg range ~82.13
output[2] is the CCI which has range -100 to 100 or even more.

I only want to show output[0]. My problem is that the output[0] range is overcomed by the other 2 ranges which are much larger. I mean, concretly, the output[0] line appears in indicator as a single 'almost continuous' line because its range is too small compared with the other 2 outputs[1] and [2]. In this way the output[0] line is not practical to study when attached on the chart at manual trade.

On the other hand, I want to keep in indicator the other 2 outputs (not shown) because in an automated strategy when I calculate the indicator I can get all outputs 0/1/2 without to re-calculate output 1 and 2 in separate indicators which saves time and processing power.

I also have indicators with even 12 outputs. I only show 7.
When I design the strategy I need to see the 7 outputs on the chart without to be affected by the range of the other 5.
In the automated strategy I want be able to access all 12 outputs which save processing time by avoiding to recalculate the other 5 lines.

Finally, will be fine, when the JForex plots the indicator lines on chart and calculates the high-low range of the visible area, to exclude the outputs which are set as Draw.NONE.
I am pretty sure this would not be a problem and will have a very good effect.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com