Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Ability to remove Trailing Step without need of removing Stop Loss
 Post subject: Ability to remove Trailing Step without need of removing Stop Loss Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Feb, 2013, 13:38 

User rating: 7
Hi Team,

Currently to remove Trailing Step one needs to remove Stop Loss completly. Of course there is workaround:
1. save current SL level.
2. set SL and TS = 0
3. wait 1 second (as setting SL can't be applied more frequently than once per second)
4. set SL only

But there are disadvatages -
* for one second I don't have Stop Loss,
* I have to suspend a thread for one second,
* if I loose a connection during this 1 second period I may lose more money than I expected.

Please implement or change a method so that Trailing Step can be removed without touching Stop Loss.

best regards,
kurak

Post subject: Re: Ability to remove Trailing Step without need of removing Stop Loss Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Feb, 2013, 15:51 

User rating: 98
I didn't even know there was a Trailing Step in the API for IOrder.

It isn't clear to me exactly how the trail works.
Can you give a quick overview of the operation of this trailing stop/step function?

void setStopLossPrice(double price,
                      OfferSide side,
                      double trailingStep)
                      throws JFException

Thanks for reporting it.
HyperScalper.

Post subject: Re: Ability to remove Trailing Step without need of removing Stop Loss Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 Feb, 2013, 13:32 

User rating: 164
Quote:
Q: Can I have my Stop Loss order (for a buy position) going up as the price goes up?
A: Yes you can. There is a “trailing step” option and it does just what you need. Right click on the Stop loss order and choose “Edit stop loss”. On the new window which appears, you can tick “Trailing step”. By default, the value (in PIPS) is the one set up in your Preferences panel. A trailing of 10 PIPS means that if the market price gets 10 pips better than the price at which you placed the order, the stop loss target price will automatically move in the same direction for 10 PIPS. This option is available for Buy and Sell positions, only for Stop Loss orders. The target price of the Stop loss will move only in one direction.

source: https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Frequent ... _Questions

Post subject: Re: Ability to remove Trailing Step without need of removing Stop Loss Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 08 Mar, 2013, 15:39 

User rating:
JForex API 3.0

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com