Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator
 Post subject: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 29 Jul, 2012, 14:51 

User rating: 0
Hi,

I use eclipse for my main programming, and test using both ITesterUserInterface and the JForex standalone gui.

I want to programatically add my custom indicator to the chart - so it loads on startup in both modes. I make the call:

context.getIndicators().registerCustomIndicator(MyIndicator.class);
           IIndicator myCustom = context.getIndicators().getIndicator("MYIND1");
           chart.addIndicator(myCustom, new Object[]{4});

However, this fails miserably on the call to addIndicator() with:
SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
com.dukascopy.api.JFException: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at strategy.MyStrategy.onStart(MyStrategy.java:44)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.StrategyRunner.run(StrategyRunner.java:428)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.dukascopy.charts.math.indicators.IndicatorsProvider.getSavedIndicatorContext(IndicatorsProvider.java:417)
   at com.dukascopy.charts.chartbuilder.IChartWrapper.addIndicator(IChartWrapper.java:360)
   at com.dukascopy.charts.chartbuilder.IChartWrapper.addIndicator(IChartWrapper.java:339)
   at com.dukascopy.charts.wrapper.DelegatableChartWrapper.addIndicator(DelegatableChartWrapper.java:65)

It works fine if I use an out of the box indicator - such as "ATR". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Note: I have seen the post "How to use the registerCustomIndicator() method?" by Paolo, but this does not work for me.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012, 08:18 

Can anyone help on this?

Post subject: Re: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012, 08:32 

User rating:
Please check that the indicator name is correct, you can fetch it from the registering method, i.e.:
String indName = context.getIndicators().registerCustomIndicator(MyIndicator.class);
console.getOut().println("Indicator name: " + indName );
IIndicator myCustom = context.getIndicators().getIndicator(indName);
chart.addIndicator(myCustom, new Object[]{4});
If you still don't manage this, please provide full strategy example, the indicator and the standalone program.

Post subject: Re: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012, 21:15 

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. I did initially try that without any luck. As requested I've attached 3 files:

• The main program (as provided by the standard eclipse Maven download)
  • The indicator I am using (this was auto generated from the JForex gui - right-click on Custom Indcators->New Indicator)
  • A very simple strategy class which has the lines of code in my previous example pasted into the onStart() method.

For the example indicator I've attached, I've also tried moving the initialisation of the state from the indicator.onStart() method to the top level of the class - this didnt work.

The attached strategy/indicator code does however work when I register the indicator using the .jfx compiled version and add the indicatorName to the chart in the same way.

File compiledCustomIndcatorFile = new File("/Users/primary/Documents/eclipse/TestProject/src/main/java/mypackage/SimpleIndicator.jfx");
String indicatorName = context.getIndicators().registerCustomIndicator(compiledCustomIndcatorFile);

Thanks

Attachments:
File comment: Main Program
TesterMainGUIMode.java [11.84 KiB]
Downloaded 355 times
File comment: Basic Strategy
SimpleStrategy.java [1.02 KiB]
Downloaded 359 times
File comment: Example Indicator
SimpleIndicator.java [2.82 KiB]
Downloaded 343 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Aug, 2012, 08:36 

User rating:
Your variant of TesterMainGUIMode did not open a chart, please try the following variant:
Attachment:
TesterMainGUIMode2.java [11.97 KiB]
Downloaded 389 times
If it fails, please provide full log.

Post subject: Re: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 04 Aug, 2012, 23:44 

Hi,

The main program I am using did not open a chart because the program is crashing before it gets painted.
I see the exact same behaviour using the main gui program you have provided.
You can also reproduce the issue using the JForex Marketplace JNLP file directly, and using a wrapper strategy to
load the standalone program packaged as a jar file.

Aug 4, 2012 11:22:34 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2 startStrategy
INFO: Connecting...
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:36 PM com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.AuthorizationClient getRetrievePropsFromResponse
INFO: >> [{}]https://www1.dukascopy.com/authorization/demo/auth?typus=0&munus=stngs&appello=DEMO2xxx&licentio=65ebce4a2b1742c92762debb5cec5041f2c6fd74915a1ae05b3b0b4f41a136cf&sermo=f0088522-b86e-4bb5-815c-b32414208b5b&stngs=1

Aug 4, 2012 11:22:36 PM com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.AuthorizationClient getRetrievePropsFromResponse
WARNING: << [{}]{news.host.url=https://external.dukascopy.com, jss.logserver.url=https://demo-login.dukascopy.com/jss-log/, userTypes=REGULAR,MANAGE_STOP_LIMIT,MINI_FX,,
wlabel.logo=[B@1ebafdff, news.source=api, contest.chart.url=https://demo-login.dukascopy.com/aDDS/export/contestChart.php, menu.item.dayly.hl=/marketwatch/daily_hl_interbank/,
menu.item.margin.level.calculator=/marketwatch/forexcalc/margin_level/, wlabel.shortLabel=Dukascopy Bank, encryptionKey=0182DDEE73BCBB5235AF5FD3AFD5071E, reports.url=/Reports, base.calendar.url=https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/{0}, menu.item.economic.calendar=/marketwatch/calendars/eccalendar/, additionalUserTypes=[], feed.commission.history=[],
brokerChat.url=https://www.dukascopy.com/chat/login.php?channel=3, wlabel.url=https://www.dukascopy.com, platformFaq.url=https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/faq/, menu.item.holidays.calendar=/marketwatch/calendars/NationalHolidaysCalendar/, menu.item.report.issue=/about/issues/, reports=portfolio_client,intraday_client,position_client,
annual_report,deposit_receipt,trader_sll,self_traded_volume,activity_log,merge_log,trade_log,trader_sll_action_log,security_settings, tradelog_sfx.url=/aDDS/export/tradeLog.php,
platformManual.url=https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/, instruments=[CAD/HKD, EUR/SGD, EUR/NOK, EUR/NZD, AUD/NZD, USD/TRY, GBP/USD, NZD/CHF, USD/MXN, USD/HKD, SGD/JPY, EUR/HKD, AUD/CAD,
USD/PLN, EUR/PLN, USD/NOK, USD/CHF, GBP/CHF, EUR/CHF, USD/JPY, GBP/CAD, HKD/JPY, GBP/JPY, EUR/CAD, USD/SEK, CHF/SGD, USD/DKK, EUR/SEK, NZD/JPY, AUD/SGD, NZD/USD, CAD/JPY, EUR/GBP, CHF/JPY,
XAG/USD, GBP/AUD, AUD/JPY, XAU/USD, EUR/USD, AUD/USD, USD/CAD, USD/ZAR, EUR/JPY, USD/SGD, AUD/CHF, GBP/NZD, USD/RUB, NZD/CAD, CAD/CHF, EUR/AUD, EUR/DKK, EUR/TRY],
menu.item.forex.calculator=/marketwatch/forexcalc/forex_calculator/, debug=false, client.mode=DEMO, loginId=423181, get.help.url=https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/, menu.item.interest.rates.calendar=/marketwatch/calendars/InterestRatesCalendar/,
wlabel.foUrl=https://demo-login.dukascopy.com, history.server.url=https://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/, external_ip=87.194.77.227,
wlabel.longLabel=Dukascopy Bank SA, services1.url=https://demo-login.dukascopy.com, wlabel.skype=dukascopy, wlabel.phone=+41 (0) 22 799 4888}

Aug 4, 2012 11:22:37 PM com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.TesterClientImpl$2 authorized
INFO: Authorized
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:37 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2$1 onConnect
INFO: Connected
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:37 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2 startStrategy
INFO: Subscribing instruments...
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:37 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2 startStrategy
INFO: Downloading data
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:39 PM com.dukascopy.charts.data.datacache.LocalCacheManager readData
WARNING: Some or all of the requested data was not found, instrument [EUR/USD], period [Ticks], side [null], chunk from [2012.08.03 23:00:00 000], chunk to [2012.08.04 00:00:00 000]
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:39 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2 startStrategy
INFO: Starting strategy
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:39 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2$1 onStart
INFO: Strategy started: 1
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:39 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2$2 dataLoaded
INFO: Getting prices before start time
INFO: Creating data loading threads
INFO: Getting prices before start time
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:40 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2$2 dataLoaded
INFO: Filling in-progress candles
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:40 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2$2 dataLoaded
INFO: Executing onStart

Aug 4, 2012 11:22:40 PM com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.StrategyRunner handleException
SEVERE: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.dukascopy.charts.math.indicators.IndicatorsProvider.getSavedIndicatorContext(IndicatorsProvider.java:417)
   at com.dukascopy.charts.chartbuilder.IChartWrapper.addIndicator(IChartWrapper.java:360)
   at com.dukascopy.charts.chartbuilder.IChartWrapper.addIndicator(IChartWrapper.java:339)
   at com.dukascopy.charts.wrapper.DelegatableChartWrapper.addIndicator(DelegatableChartWrapper.java:65)
   at mypackage.SimpleStrategy.onStart(SimpleStrategy.java:18)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.StrategyRunner.run(StrategyRunner.java:428)
Strategy tester: java.lang.NullPointerException @ mypackage.SimpleStrategy.onStart(SimpleStrategy.java:18)
null: java.lang.NullPointerException
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:40 PM com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.TesterClientImpl$DefaultStrategyExceptionHandler onException
SEVERE: Exception thrown while running onStart method: null
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:40 PM com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.TesterClientImpl$TesterLoadingProgressListener loadingFinished
SEVERE: null
Aug 4, 2012 11:22:40 PM mypackage.TesterMainGUIMode2$1 onStop
INFO: Strategy stopped: 1

Post subject: Re: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Aug, 2012, 09:19 

User rating:
The issue will be fixed with JForex-API 2.6.73

Post subject: Re: AddIndicator() for Custom Indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Aug, 2012, 08:07 

Hi,

Can you tell me when the patch will be released? Do you have a release forecast-schedule published somewhere?

Thanks
Adam

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com