Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1767 : JForex stopped sending ticks after sometime
 Post subject: JFOREX-1767 : JForex stopped sending ticks after sometime Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 May, 2010, 02:33 

User rating: 0
Hi, I am creating different instances of my strategy class for different instruments as below:
client.setSubscribedInstruments(instruments);
for (MyStrategy st:strategies)
client.startStrategy(st);
Then I implemented the onTick method as this to trade single instrument in each strategy instance:
public void onTick(Instrument inst, ITick tick) throws JFException {
if (inst.equals(instrument))
//trade
}
Everything worked fine at the beginning(I was testing three instruments). It could open/close orders for all the three as expected. But after it runs for sometime, like more than 20 hours, I found it stopped trading one or two instruments, actually I put the break point in onTick and never saw JForex sent ticks for the instrument in trouble. I didn't see any error about instrument subscribing, no idea why this happened. If I restarted the whole application, it worked fine again. Could you tell me what kind of problem would cause JForex stop sending ticks of the subscribed instruments?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: JForex stopped sending ticks after sometime Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 May, 2010, 08:49 

User rating: 1
I have similar problem - when I use jforex longer (several hours) , especially when I switch between many instruments and time frames, it comes the time, where it can not update the charts, they start constantly rotate the update icon, showing nothing. It happened that I opened some positions and it didn't show them in the open position list. I didn't know if they are filled or not !?!?! When I restarted the platform they were there. I think maybe it has something to do with the buffer but who knows?!?! Is there solution of this problem?

Post subject: Re: JForex stopped sending ticks after sometime Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 May, 2010, 10:18 

User rating:
Thanks, for your attention. We will investigate this issue.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com