Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Crippled period settings for Range and Renko bars
 Post subject: Crippled period settings for Range and Renko bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 May, 2017, 09:45 

User rating: 2
Hi

Very unhappy user here - this is such a horrible misfeature that I'm reporting it as a bug.

In JF 3.1.10 the dropdown for the Range and Renko period now goes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, 30 ...

Until recently, you allowed 1 pip increments through the whole useful range. Now you only allow 10 pip increments above 10 pips, with no option for manual override.

This is simply crazy - the difference between a 10 pip bar and a 20 pip bar is huge. We are exploring strategies that use bar sizes between 10 and 20 pips, and now we can't view them on the chart. Whoever decided on this seems to have no understanding of trading with price-based bars.

You haven't even done this consistently - for tick bars you still allow 1 tick increments throughout the range. So why offer full choice for tick bars, and drastically curtail choice for Range and Renko?

JForex is one of the few platforms that handles Renko properly, and then you cripple it with this arbitrary and unnecessary change.

**PLEASE** reconsider and restore the option for single pip increments throughout the useful range.

Post subject: Re: Crippled period settings for Range and Renko bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 May, 2017, 11:21 

I see that you're also using the same dropdown in the Historical Data Manager. So you are restricting both the bar sizes your customers can see and the bar sizes we can test.

As I said above, this cripples your otherwise excellent Range and Renko implementation for a wide range of users without delivering any meaningful benefit. It would probably take 5 minutes of coding to reverse.

PLEASE give this your prompt attention!

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: Crippled period settings for Range and Renko bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 17 May, 2017, 16:08 

User rating: 0
You have CUSTOM option at the end so just type whatever value you need and import it. I also use Range bars for trading!

Good luck!

Post subject: Re: Crippled period settings for Range and Renko bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 21 May, 2017, 10:25 

Hi

Yes - I just discovered the custom feature myself.

The problem is, it's a very unconventional way to use a dropdown, and you have to scroll down below 1000 to find it.

The feature is fine, but the usability is terrible. Features should be discoverable. This still needs some attention.

And it doesn't help that the Dukas team don't respond, and leave users struggling... :evil:

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com