Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy
 Post subject: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 Feb, 2017, 12:39 

User rating: 0
I wrote an app using the JForex API to run backtesting. It used to work fine until recently when I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "StrategyRunner Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException: Could not load tick before test interval start 2017-01-01 00:00:00:000
at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.dataload.HTCandlesCreator.<init>(HTCandlesCreator.java:85)
at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.dataload.HistoricalTesterDataManager.createCandlesLoader(HistoricalTesterDataManager.java:710)
at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.dataload.HistoricalTesterDataManager.createAndAddCandlesLoader(HistoricalTesterDataManager.java:240)
at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.dataload.HistoricalTesterDataManager.createAndAddDefaultDataLoaders(HistoricalTesterDataManager.java:888)
at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.dataload.HistoricalTesterDataManager.createAndAddDefaultDataLoaders(HistoricalTesterDataManager.java:224)
at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.StrategyRunner.initBeforeRun(StrategyRunner.java:273)
at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.StrategyRunner.run(StrategyRunner.java:323)

There has been no change in my code except updating to the latest API version. I thought this update was the cause of the problem but when I backed down to the previous API version, I still got the same exception. Please note that I never had to explicitly download the tick data prior to running the strategy. It seems the JForex client library does this automatically. Please help!

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 Feb, 2017, 12:55 

I tried running backtesting of my strategy on the JForex platform and it didn't run either.

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 Feb, 2017, 03:09 

same problem here...

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Feb, 2017, 08:18 
JForex Master

User rating:
We are looking into this.

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Feb, 2017, 16:11 
JForex Master

User rating:
Please update to version 3.1.0 (JForex 3) or 2.45.67 (JForex)

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Feb, 2017, 17:55 

When will you release a new client build with this bug fix?

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Feb, 2017, 17:33 
JForex Master

User rating:
It has been released on DEMO. We plan to release it on LIVE on next Monday.

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Feb, 2017, 03:40 

How about the client library for custom app development? I need this for my custom app. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Feb, 2017, 21:11 

Maven repo is updated and backtesting works again as of today.

Post subject: Re: NullPointerException in ITesterClient.runStrategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 03 Jun, 2017, 05:56 

Backtesting is working now but I found 2 major problems with it:

1. The client library now downloads too much data. For example, I ran backtesting on NZDJPY but when I looked in the cache directory, I also saw data for USDJPY and other pairs. This causes my disk to fill up very quickly aside from slowing down the backtest.

2. Sometimes it looks like the library is using the wrong data set. There are several times when I ran a backtest and got one result. Then I moved to a different machine and ran the same backtest and got another, completely different result. I made sure to clean out the cache directory on both machines before I and the backtests.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com