Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1731 : Performance of Historical Tester
 Post subject: JFOREX-1731 : Performance of Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 May, 2010, 14:39 

User rating: 0
Since the new version of Historical Tester is on the Demo platform,
the speed of testing is fallen heavily.
Especially during the weekends.

Am I the only one with this big decrease of performance with HT?

Post subject: Re: Performance of Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 May, 2010, 14:52 

User rating: 1
The HT is ridiculously slow for me too. I just disable the balance indicator and it speeds up back to normal.

Post subject: Re: Performance of Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 May, 2010, 08:35 

User rating: 0
Still...

I have disabled all options and during the week this works fast enough.
But on weekand the HT crawls so slow!
Even with 15min source period.

Must I wait at least 5 minutes for the HT processing the weekends, without any open market?
Why? Is it by design?
If this will stay as is, it is very unwieldy to make longer tests with the HT.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1731 : Performance of Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 May, 2010, 08:50 

User rating:
I'll try to make a guess :) You are using flat candles filtering. The reason is that flats filtering logic tried to load candles for all weekends from friday to sunday if you are calling it at sunday when market opens. We did a few optimizations and in next version this will be fixed

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com