Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1703 Historical tester trades go missing from chart?
 Post subject: JFOREX-1703 Historical tester trades go missing from chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 Apr, 2010, 23:14 

User rating: 0
Hi there,

There seems to be quite a fundamental problem with the plotted trades going missing from the Historical testing charts.
Once you complete a back-test, you can see the trades plotted on the chart (in visual mode). However, if you then try to change the timeframe of the chart, all trade plots disappear!

Can someone confirm this is a bug and whether it is about to be fixed? The visual back-test isn't very useful otherwise...

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Historical tester trades go missing from chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Apr, 2010, 00:49 

User rating: 1
Yes, I can confirm this problem. My entries/exits markers disappear even if I just scroll the chart after the backtest finishes.

Post subject: Re: Historical tester trades go missing from chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Apr, 2010, 09:01 

User rating:
Hi,
please set time markers on your trades before you change the chart. Those will help you to find them after you has changed a charts time frame.

Post subject: Re: Historical tester trades go missing from chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Apr, 2010, 09:07 

Hi support - not sure what you mean by this?
Basically the symptoms are as quantisan described - you can simply scroll the chart after a backtest has completed and all marked trades disappear. It is not a matter of not being able to find them as they no longer show up.

Post subject: Re: Historical tester trades go missing from chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Apr, 2010, 10:19 

Ok guys - you may have to check this out a little bit deeper.

I have done a back-test with less days (and therefore less trades) and everything seems to work ok. When I extend this to a lengthier back-test time, this problem occurs.

To reproduce:

- Enter a back-test period > 1 month
- Put chart on 15minutes and EURCHF (not sure if this is necessary)
- Run back-test that generates trades (more than 25 in my test)
- Let back-test complete.
- Try to scroll chart by clicking and dragging. All plotted trades disappear.

Post subject: Re: Historical tester trades go missing from chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Apr, 2010, 16:09 

User rating:
Thanks for your attention, we will fix this bug.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com