Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1651 NPE connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m
 Post subject: JFOREX-1651 NPE connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 24 Mar, 2010, 00:13 

User rating: 0
I'm getting the following error from time to time in my strategy which causes the strategy to stop:

java.lang.NullPointerException @ com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m(Unknown Source)

There are no other error messages. Could somebody point me in the right direction to start debugging this? Because of the lack of any other message I'm not even sure what the strategy is actually doing at the instant the error occurs! The only thing I have noticed is that it only happens when I run 2 strategies at the same time (although the one which stops doesn't even place any orders or make any trades).

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

J

Post subject: Re: com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 24 Mar, 2010, 18:29 

User rating:
Hello,
please provide us with a full stuck trace and the platform version.

Post subject: Re: com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 24 Mar, 2010, 20:51 

User rating: 0
Dukascopy version: 2.2.6
JForex API Version: 2.2.0

Unfortunately that's the only message I get! I appreciate this is probably not one that any of you guys can solve but I push in the right direction might enable me to solve it.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Mar, 2010, 09:10 

User rating:
Thanks for your attention. We will investigate this.

Post subject: strategy opens different position's size than it should Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Apr, 2010, 11:12 

User rating: 1
[DEMO PLATFORM]

Hi when I try to open some position by the market order, Server will open different position size sometime.

example:

1. Strategy creates an order (JPY at xy with size 0.1Mio)
2. Server gives me something like: [Order FILLED at xy JPY 0.1Mio]

all seems to be ok, but when I switch to a position tab, I will got:
Instrument USD/JPY.. amount 0.25Mio

So any suggestions? Is it about a fact that I'm testing it on a demo platform?

Many thanks for any ideas

Post subject: Re: strategy opens different position's size than it should Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Apr, 2010, 11:03 

User rating:
Hi,
Quote:
Is it about a fact that I'm testing it on a demo platform?
No.

What do you mean by saying
Quote:
Server will open different position size sometime

Please, consider added strategy. Do you still have this problem?

Attachments:
TestOrderSubmit.java [995 Bytes]
Downloaded 484 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: strategy opens different position's size than it should Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Apr, 2010, 10:34 

Quote:
What do you mean by saying

I mean that sometime I've got correct position size and sometime haven't. Please see attached picture.. You can see there that server FILLED an order 7602654 with amount of 0.22Mio, but when I ask that concrete order command(7602654) for ammount, It will return 0.44Mio(doubled size)

Maybe it is my fault, but I really don't know where

and the second question related to the first one.. my strategy also from time to time shows this exception

java.lang.nullpointerException@com.dukascopy.transport.common.msg.group.c.xG(unknown servise)

and after that the platform will close it

Attachments:
cablelong.jpg [102.09 KiB]
Downloaded 604 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: strategy opens different position's size than it should Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Apr, 2010, 13:33 

[DEMO PLATFORM]
well I have to say that it definitely IS about a server bug, because when I get that behaviour(wrong position size) and then restart the platform, so all positions will have correct sizes...

e.g.

1. strategy opens BUY EU 0.2Mio
2. server shows FILLED EU 0.2Mio
3. position's Tab and IOrder::GetAmount() shows 0.4Mio
4. NOW DO RESTART THE PLATFORM
5. position's tab gets position size of 0.2Mio.. which is correct

Post subject: Re: strategy opens different position's size than it should Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Apr, 2010, 14:07 

User rating:
It looks like it's related to your posted exception
Quote:
java.lang.nullpointerException@com.dukascopy.transport.common.msg.group.c.xG(unknown servise)

Could you please post here a full stacktrace? And if you can figure out some pattern how to get this exception, that would help us a lot.

Post subject: Re: strategy opens different position's size than it should Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Apr, 2010, 13:27 

Quote:
Could you please post here a full stacktrace? And if you can figure out some pattern how to get this exception, that would help us a lot.

another one has been appeared:

java.lang.NullPointerException @ com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m(Unknown Source)

unfortunatelly there is no additional callstack. Shall I have to enabled something in JForex settings to allow full stack trace reporting?

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1651: NPE connect.PlatformOrderImpl.m Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 30 Apr, 2010, 19:04 

User rating:
Unfortunately we cannot repeat the following bug. Could you please provide more information?
What kind of the strategy do you use?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com