Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Weird ghost trades while automatic trading
 Post subject: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jan, 2014, 15:40 

User rating: 21
Please look at the attached screenshot.
The right window is a JForex DEMO ver 2.30.1, which was started about 2 weeks ago. Since then it had many test trades, executed by a strategy.
The left window is a JForex DEMO ver. 2.30.3, which was started just now.
When the screenshot was taken both were running
  • on the same account
  • at the same time
  • on the same VPS

The following bugs attract one's attention
  • Both JForex have different amount of positions. Left JForex has 7 positions, right JForex has 13 positions. So after opening the new version, 6 "ghost" positions disappeared. They just do not exist anymore. But the right JForex still displays them, even in the summaries of the window. Why? Isn't there a routine, which checks if all displayed positions are right or not?
  • Both have different server times, left JForex 13:29:59, right JForex 13:29:54. This time difference persists, while time is moving forward. How is this possible?

I have not seen this kind of bug in LIVE.

My urgent call
Dukascopy: Please keep DEMO and LIVE at the same version and at the same server and nursing level. Instead of experimenting with DEMO, use BETAs for developers and testers. Otherwise less people will trust your platform.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 Jan, 2014, 08:18 
JForex Master

User rating:
The time synchronization method has been improved in the latest version, so the difference is not a suprise.

The amount of the open positions in the Positions table as well as Orders table correct update seems to be an issue. It looks like there are 6 positions as well as 6 orders with incorrect status. Do you know what status did those 6 orders have? I assume they might be the closing orders for the 6 positions. If so, they might be hanging in the EXECUTING status. It is hard to investigate something without knowing the account details. Could you please send them to [email protected] ?

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 Jan, 2014, 12:23 

The too many positions in the right window were all closed successfully. But they stayed in the platform. Their status was not closed.
I know this because my system tried to close them every 40 secs.
And before I am closing an order I am checking if the order has a closed status by
if (order.getState() == IOrder.State.CLOSED || order.getState() == IOrder.State.CANCELED) return;

How can I check on EXECUTING state? I cannot find any hint in https://www.dukascopy.com/client/javadoc ... State.html

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 28 Jan, 2014, 17:55 
JForex Master

User rating:
EXECUTING status means there is some problem on the server side. Please contact support in this case.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Mar, 2014, 14:45 

Here are my assumptions so far, which we have to check if they caused the bug on your side:
  • The strategy tried to change or close orders, which are in CREATED state. This could cause the platform to produce delays in the order display.
  • There are too many order commands at the same time. I found this error happening only while many positions about 50 to 100 per day were opened. I also think it happened because many of them were opened and/or closed quite directly after each other and this for many days.
  • The bug does not happen right after 2-3 days. The strategy must run for longer, then it happens.
  • I can highly exclude any disconnecting bug, JForex and the strategy were executed on a dedicated server.
All these assumptions are speculations, but could lead to the source of the bug. Please check these possibilities on your side as well.

Nevertheless I urgently ask you to implement a watch dog into your system, which compares and corrects, if needed, the displayed positions in JForex with them on your trading server.
If you fear too much traffic from all customers, I think you could do this every hour only. At least this is a better way than leave it wrong for days and lead to errors and wrong position executions on the client's side.
This watch dog could at least protect us from this JForex bug or similar position display bugs in the future in an easy way.
Meanwhile we can search for the reason, what produces the bug.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Mar, 2014, 08:41 
JForex Master

User rating:
We will implement an automatic positions and orders check with the data on server.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Sep, 2014, 17:51 

Platform Support wrote:
We will implement an automatic positions and orders check with the data on server.

It does not seem to work.
Especially in the new version if you close serveral positions at the same time one or two stay in the positions list. This must be a bug and it seems you have not implemented this check already or it is not working.

Attachments:
140911bug.png [221.98 KiB]
Downloaded 1113 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Sep, 2014, 17:14 
JForex Master

User rating:
The reason of the problem was found and rectified. New version 2.40 is going to be released next week.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Dec, 2014, 10:50 

Dear Support,

the problem happened again on JForex LIVE last week
Please fix this urgently.
Ghost positions are very dangerous on LIVE trading.

Attachments:
File comment: version 2.41.4
141214version.png [12.23 KiB]
Downloaded 1065 times
File comment: position difference on live
141214openPositionbug_short.png [57.28 KiB]
Downloaded 1159 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Dec, 2014, 17:56 
JForex Master

User rating:
We are investigating this.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 15 Jan, 2015, 11:20 

Support, HELP!

Here is a screenshot of 2 JForex, same version, same PC, same time. But different position amounts. The lower JForex is the new started one.
Position with ID 44968997 in the older above JForex is a ghost trade!

Please fix this problem, this bug is very very dangerous as it pretends a wrong position!

Attachments:
150115ghostTrade.png [165.44 KiB]
Downloaded 1119 times

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 30 Jan, 2015, 13:58 
JForex Master

User rating:
We have found the reason of disconnects between our servers, which led to this problem. This will be released on DEMO and LIVE as soon as gets tested.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 20 Feb, 2015, 15:50 

Have you fixed this now or is it still pending?

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 26 Feb, 2015, 10:09 
JForex Master

User rating:
Solution has been deployed on DEMO. Moving to LIVE on the following w/e according to our plan.

I cannot guarantee that this would help in any case, however this solves the connection issue between our severs, which was the cause in your specific case.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Apr, 2016, 09:50 

It happened again when you did this fix https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... 780#p87780

Why can't you add a JForex synchronizing tool, that checks the local trade display and the ones on the server?

I believer such ghost trades are very dangerous!

Attachments:
160419ghosttrades_again.png [37.37 KiB]
Downloaded 920 times

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Apr, 2016, 09:58 
JForex Master

User rating:
Synch has been added some time ago. The problem is not on the JForex here. Beside, reports show what is in the data base, not what is on the server.

Post subject: Re: Weird ghost trades while automatic trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Aug, 2017, 09:18 

After no problems for a long while, trades on JForex are not displayed again.
The platform still recognises the trades somehow, one can see the Use of Leverage = x% (x >0) but JForex does not display any position nor order.
When I restart JForex, the positions are back.
Seen on JForex Demo 2.45.75.
Please review your position synchroniser!

It seems like a global problem. All my demo accounts have this issue, also all of our customers, I heard of.
This is a very serious issue, imagine you have open positions on a live account, but you cannot see them on the platform.

Attachments:
170807position_display_bug.jpg [32.34 KiB]
Downloaded 201 times
170807position_display_bug2.jpg [26.81 KiB]
Downloaded 712 times

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com