Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Severe bug in equity calculation of JForexClient
 Post subject: Severe bug in equity calculation of JForexClient Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Oct, 2016, 20:15 

User rating: 11
Hello Support,

I'm running the current JForexClient in version 2.45.60 with API 2.12.45.
The client shows the equity field in the left lower corner and the equity calculation in this version is not working correctly.
In the attachment you can find three screenshots in chronological order(one, two three).
Here are the data for equity and P/L:

one.png: Equity 855,186.16 / PL 18.01
two.png: Equity 855,171.90 / PL 17.83
three.png: Equity 855,174.54 / PL 17.78

You can clearly see that the equity has dropped by 11.62EUR while the PL has only dropped by 0.23EUR.
I can assure you that within these screenshots no other order submission have happened(as you should see on your server logs for this DEMO account).
Please fix this ASAP as my strategies rely on a correct calculated equity!

Regards,
Juergen

Attachments:
one.png [257.2 KiB]
Downloaded 611 times
two.png [259.03 KiB]
Downloaded 629 times
three.png [259.38 KiB]
Downloaded 627 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Severe bug in equity calculation of JForexClient Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 21 Oct, 2016, 09:45 
JForex Master

User rating:
This is not a bug.
Equity is coming from our server once every 10 seconds or after some changes in positions or orders.
Profit/loss is being calculated in platform on every price change.
As a result, P/L is changing much often than the Equity.

This has been solved in JForex 3, which is available on DEMO. We receive so called "base equity" from the server there, which does not include unrealized P/L and we add the unrelized P/L calculated in the platform to base equity to get the Equity.

Post subject: Re: Severe bug in equity calculation of JForexClient Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 21 Oct, 2016, 10:24 

User rating: 11
That is really strange.
I've not seen such fluctuations in former versions of the JForexClient.
When you look at the amount of the orders and you see how much the equity is wrong, then I must insist this is a bug.
Even if the server update every 10secs or so, the actual PL has changed by a few cents but the equity has changed over 10EUR!

Please check the logs on your side again, because this makes no sense at all.
Regards,
Juergen

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com