Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Rectangles disappear? 2.45.12
 Post subject: Rectangles disappear? 2.45.12 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 Jul, 2015, 00:13 

User rating: 0
Hi

In some situations rectangles disappear. I use many rectangles in my chart analysis to show supply and demand regions and this is an inconvenience, so I would appreciate a fix.

Actually they are still there, just not painted. It occurs when one coordinate is long ago.

Please see that attached video clip. In the clip, I show:
A rectangle drawn on a daily chart with first coordinate 01.05.2007 09:00 (English date format.)
I drag the chart to the left and the rectangle disappears.
The cursor finds the rectangle, so it is still there, but not shown.
I drag the chart to the right and the rectangle reappears correctly.
Attachment:
2015-07-24_Rectangle_Painting.swf [824.6 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times

When I hit '+' to zoom in, the rectangle disappears and does not reappear with chart dragging.
When I hit '-' to zoom out, the rectangle is always visible with chart dragging.

It seems that the rectangle is not painted correctly when one coordinate is too many pixels to the left. It would make more sense for the rectangle to be painted if any of it is in the visible region of the chart.

Many thanks
Tony

Post subject: Re: Rectangles disappear? 2.45.12 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 27 Jul, 2015, 08:17 
JForex Master

User rating:
It is not so easy to repeat that. I could not. I've set EET as a Day start time zone and NZST as a platform time zone. No problem.

Please tell me your login name and attach the workspace to replicate the case.

Did you notice that 18.07.2015 is a Saturday? I wonder why did you set that date as a coordinate.
Would the problem repeat if that would be a date when the market is open?

Post subject: Re: Rectangles disappear? 2.45.12 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 27 Jul, 2015, 10:21 

User rating: 0
Thank you for looking at this so promptly.

I've attached a workspace (Rectangle) that shows the problem. I had to change the starting time coordinate - I think this is because this workspace has the window within the platform window, whereas the example I first gave had the chart window undocked - I think the chart window size makes a difference.

I just noticed that maximising the platform window or not changes the point at which the rectangle disappears during left-right scrolling.

You should be able to drag the chart left & right to get the rectangle to appear and disappear. Also, using '+' & '-' to zoom in & out also causes the rectangle to (dis)appear.

I use 2 screens, but this workspace uses only my LH screen, so I've also attached a full screen shot of my LH screen so you can see the aspect ratio, etc.

The new left hand coordinate is on a Tuesday.

I am using NZST and EET as you noticed.
I am using the demo login DEMO3BUHwS - is that what you mean by login name?
The platform version has moved to 2.45.14, but the problem is the same.
The problem is the same on my live account, which uses platform 2.45.12.

Thanks
Tony

P.S. I notice that Platform Support has been more active on the English forum recently. I really appreciate that. Thanks.

Attachments:
Rectangle_Workspace.png [117.22 KiB]
Downloaded 263 times
Rectangle.xml [96.46 KiB]
Downloaded 292 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com