Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1453: Get Instrument and OfferSide
 Post subject: JFOREX-1453: Get Instrument and OfferSide Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jan, 2010, 14:58 

User rating: 3
Hi,

should be easy, but I can't spot a method to retrieve
the Instrument and the Offerside of the indicator call within the indicator's code.
Could you please point me out how to do this?

Thanks a lot,
RR.

Post subject: Re: How to get Instrument and OfferSide? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jan, 2010, 15:43 

User rating:
Hi!
You can't. Indicators are functions that process input data no matter what it is. Indicators are designed to be independent of what instrument or period or side it is

Post subject: Re: How to get Instrument and OfferSide? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jan, 2010, 15:47 

User rating:
There is a possibility to request some specific instrument period and side as an addition to the main data of the indicator (current data). For example pivot indicators use daily period to calculate it's lines, so they have additional input with specific period
You can find more info here - https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/tutorial/indicator_interfaces/

Post subject: Re: How to get Instrument and OfferSide? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jan, 2010, 16:42 

User rating: 3
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Hmm, yes I've seen how you've passed bars of a specific period to the indicator in the Camarilla-indicator.

It would be great though to have full access to the IHistory.
How about including the following methods?:
a) IIndicator.getInstrument()
b) IIndicator.getOfferSide()
c) IIndicatorContext.getHistory()
d) IIndicatorContext.getChart()

Having these methods available, would add so much more flexibility to indicator coding.
Is it possible to include the above listed methods?

Thanks a lot,
RR.

Post subject: Re: How to get Instrument and OfferSide? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Jan, 2010, 21:05 

User rating: 0
I completely agree with RoadRunner...

In my indicator I need peep value of Instrument. I don't have way to get that. :-(

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com