Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null
 Post subject: JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Dec, 2009, 14:41 

User rating: 0
Hi,

I have a problem with a filled order

1) getLabel() returns null, but this order has a label displayed in JForex

2) creating a TP order on this filled order creates a wrong TP order: a) it is not attached to the filled order b) a TP order already exists for this filled order

1) and 2) are linked. I have no problem with other filled orders.

Yous can see that on the screenshot attached.

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
bug_jforex_tp.jpg [97.71 KiB]
Downloaded 674 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Dec, 2009, 23:32 

I have the same problem :
           for(final IOrder order : engine.getOrders(instrument)){
               if(!order.getLabel().startsWith(EAName,0)) continue;

"order.getLabel()" cause a null pointer exception, which crashes the strategy. The order is a TP limit with a blank EXT.ID; it was enter manually.
I may run several strategies on the same pairs, so they need to recognize their own orders by the labels,
So the question is : do the manual orders have a label ? Is there a workaround or do I have to check first that the order label is not null ?

Thank you,
Michel

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 06 Dec, 2009, 19:24 

I think manual orders have no label.

My problem concerns an order submitted by a strategy which gives a label at creation.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Dec, 2009, 09:52 

User rating:
Unfortunately we do not know how to create an order without an External id. Could you please describe how to reproduce the problem?

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Dec, 2009, 22:43 

Support wrote:
Unfortunately we do not know how to create an order without an External id. Could you please describe how to reproduce the problem?

Really I don't know how to reproduce it, but here is the picture:
Attachment:
Empty Ext. ID.jpg [26.63 KiB]
Downloaded 622 times

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Dec, 2009, 02:36 

This is the pseudo code I use to create (update, to be exact) TP orders:

onBar(){
double open=0, tp=0;
for(IOrder order:engine.getOrders()) if(order!=null) if(order.getState()==IOrder.State.FILLED) {
open=order.getOpenPrice();
tp=open+...;
if(tp!=order.getTakeProfitPrice()) order.setTakeProfitPrice(tp);
}
}

Usually it works fine. But not for the filled order I mentionned in my first post: a second TP order is created (with no ext ID) !

The problem should be in order:engine.getOrders().

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Dec, 2009, 09:27 

User rating:
It seems the TP was opened manually. In this case, there was no Ext ID being attached to the TP order.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1366: Wrong TP order + getLabel() returns null Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Dec, 2009, 21:13 

But why do I have 2 TP orders attached to the same filled order (see screenshot in first post) ?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com