Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-2342 Editor saves a strategy under a weird name
 Post subject: JFOREX-2342 Editor saves a strategy under a weird name Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 15 Oct, 2010, 05:09 

User rating: 0
Good day Support,

unfortunately I made a small change in my code with your editor again and for some reason the editor wanted to save my strategy under a weird name along with the default skeleton code you provide. Please see the attached image.

I've had similar errors in the past. If this could be fixed once and for all...that would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
jForexUser

Attachments:
snapshot2.png [105.96 KiB]
Downloaded 476 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: JForex editor completely deletes file Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Nov, 2010, 14:13 

This is a rather important bug (actually 2) in the JForex java editor I think... Follow the steps to reproduce:

- Open a Strategy .java file
- make a couple changes
- save the file
- hit Ctrl-Z to revert the changes. If one hits a sufficient number of times Ctrl-Z, at some point the editor window becomes completely blank. That is the first bug: normally it should revert to the first change made, not blank the file.

second bug:
- once you hit the blank screen above, close the editor (click on the little cross in the tab). A message box will pop up asking if you wish to save. Obviously you don't want to save, answer appropriately.
At this stage, the file has been completely deleted (well it is there but is empty) even though one did not save the file !!!

Post subject: Re: JForex editor completely deletes file Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 07 Nov, 2010, 21:09 

Hi Brainstom,

thanks for posting this bug. I have a long history with JForex Editor and its tendency to eat my code through various bugs.

Please refer to:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23966
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16865
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4129
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2666

I would recommend that you use another IDE for the majority of your code editing. I use netbeans for example.

Edit://seems that the second post that I link to has been deleted...not sure why?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com