Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API function requests in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Auto-restart of a stopped strategy
 Post subject: Auto-restart of a stopped strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Jan, 2019, 14:57 

User rating: 0
Feature request:

As a user I want to be able to enable auto-restart of a strategy if the strategy gets stopped for some reason (other than by user request). Is this possible?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Auto-restart of a stopped strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Jan, 2019, 21:37 

User rating: 18
The only reason i know why strategy can be stopped without user request is unhandled exception somewhere in strategy code.
There is option in "Preferences -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings: Stop strategies on exception". Uncheck it to get needed behaviour (it is checked by default) .

Post subject: Re: Auto-restart of a stopped strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Jan, 2019, 23:41 

User rating: 0
Thanks for the reply. But I think that I missed to point out one specific thing. I want this behavior on remote running strategies.

E.g., if the Dukascopy platform reboots for some reason, then I want my strategy to be restarted as well.

Is this possible somehow?

Post subject: Re: Auto-restart of a stopped strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 26 Jan, 2019, 08:48 

User rating: 21
From our experience this is not possible. Also writing a warning email from a stopped strategy will not work. The only (weak) way would be to write you a notice email when the strategy gets stopped inside the onStop() method. But I would not count on this especially when something abruptly stops your strategy, e.g. a server stop.

We recommend using a Dedicated Server. We did such systems several times already.
You get your own dedicated server power and you are not sharing any with others. It is under your own control.
Also input/output data transfer would be allowed here.
Starting and stopping the server are in your hands.
You could also implement a watchdog algorithm, that informs you by text message or email when there is a disconnection or error.
It is also feasible to install a backup system on a second sever. On failure of one server, you get an automated email and trading is switched to another one automatically.

Post subject: Re: Auto-restart of a stopped strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Jan, 2019, 21:53 

User rating: 18
Yes, 1GB hosting of $5/month on DigitalOcean is enough for the platform to run - this is much better then Dukas' remote strategies :)

Post subject: Re: Auto-restart of a stopped strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Apr, 2019, 17:24 

User rating: 21
I would not go with a virtual private server (VPS) for trading robots.
Because It is always a shared system and downtime could be higher.
Better go with a dedicated server, it is then your own machine.
Even a demo test should be as close as possible to real conditions.
So why not testing everything under real conditions?
It is all about trading money, not selling books online. No experiments!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com