Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API function requests in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Get FULL orders history in one call
 Post subject: Get FULL orders history in one call Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 19 Nov, 2017, 13:19 

User rating: 18
Hello, I'd like to build report of ALL my historic positions I have since my account was created and i see two problems here:

1. Current API provides only fetching of orders per one instrument at the time - IHistory.getOrdersHistory(Instrument instrument, long from, long to), but I do not know beforehand all set of instruments i was experimenting with somewhere back in time.

Of course I can iterate though all instruments defined in com.dukascopy.api.Instrument, but that will take enormously excessive time - because I tried not more than 2-3% of whole list and enumerating other 97% would be just waste of time and resource.

2. Current API requires (long from, long to) to be specified. There is no way to get 'from' time programmatically - i do not see something like IAccount.getCreationTime(), therefore i specify from = 0 and this fetches whole history since 2000 - the deepest level I see supported by Jforex ".cache". Again - this is just excessive usage of time and resources.

So it would be nice to have a single method IHistory.getWholeOrdersHistory() which optimally reads only actually covered instrument-set and time-frame.

Post subject: Re: Get FULL orders history in one call Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Nov, 2017, 16:39 

User rating:
History operations may take longer dependending on volume of data.
To get the date when your account was created please contact [email protected]

Post subject: Re: Get FULL orders history in one call Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Nov, 2017, 16:57 

User rating: 18
Sorry, i do not understand your answer. Does it mean that 'this feature will not be implemented because of high volume' or 'it will be implemented, but will cause high volume'? Anyway - it already causes high volume to me ...

Of course I known when my account is created, but I do not know this "in code" and hard-coding (or even parameterizing) that information does not look like good approach. It would be very handy to get API function for this information.

Post subject: Re: Get FULL orders history in one call Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Apr, 2018, 08:22 

User rating:
No changes will be made. If it takes too much resources, the strategy can download the data in smaller time intervals.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com