Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API function requests in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Access main chart from the indicator with overChart= false
 Post subject: Access main chart from the indicator with overChart= false Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 11 Jun, 2014, 02:26 

User rating: 0
My task is to create MACD Divergence indicator with drawing of the arrows and lines on main chart and MACD indicator subwindow.
How can I implement my task and create the indicator with drawing in main chart and indicator subwindow simultaneous?

For my new MACD_Div indicator I set overChart= false.

IIndicatorContext interface has the following method:
IIndicatorChartPanel getIndicatorChartPanel();

It seems that new method can help in my task:
IIndicatorChartPanel getMainChartPanel();

Can you change the API to add getMainChartPanel method to access main chart from the indicator with overChart = false?

Post subject: Re: Access main chart from the indicator with overChart= false Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Jun, 2014, 08:23 

User rating:
An indicator can work either with the main chart or with its own panel. It cannot do both.

Post subject: Re: Access main chart from the indicator with overChart= false Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Jun, 2014, 20:24 

User rating: 0
I coded under MetaTrader. Now I'm trying to rewrite divergence indicator on Java.
The current JForex restriction does not allow to draw divergence lines on MACD indicator simultaneous with arrows on main chart.

Would you please add
IChartPanel add(IIndicator indicator)
method to
IIndicatorChartPanel interface
similar to
IChartPanel interface
?

Post subject: Re: Access main chart from the indicator with overChart= false Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Sep, 2014, 08:00 

User rating:
One option cold be to create a starter strategy that adds one indicator onto chart and another on sub-window.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com