Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API function requests in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

How to get overnights using API without opening an order?
 Post subject: How to get overnights using API without opening an order? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Aug, 2013, 12:50 

User rating: 0
Hello, API Support!

My strategy depends on overnight values. And it would be useful to be able to get it from API and without opening an order. But I wasn't able to find an appropriate method. Is it possible? How?
Also, why classes Commissions and Overnights are depricated? What should I use instead of them?

Post subject: Re: How to get overnights using API without opening an order? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Aug, 2013, 15:01 

User rating:
fantom wrote:
Is it possible? How?
These data are not available from JForex-API.
fantom wrote:
Also, why classes Commissions and Overnights are depricated?
Because those values change over time and it is not possible to release JForex-API in sync with every new Overnight/Commision rate change.

Post subject: Re: How to get overnights using API without opening an order? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Nov, 2013, 10:57 

User rating: 9
API Support wrote:
fantom wrote:
Is it possible? How?
These data are not available from JForex-API.
fantom wrote:
Also, why classes Commissions and Overnights are depricated?
Because those values change over time and it is not possible to release JForex-API in sync with every new Overnight/Commision rate change.

Suggested the addition of these changing information(Overnight/Commision) in the XML file and then any strategy reading this information.

can JForex-API support add this implementation in JForex-API ?

Post subject: Re: How to get overnights using API without opening an order? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Nov, 2013, 11:01 

User rating:
forexegyptian wrote:
Suggested the addition of these changing information(Overnight/Commision) in the XML file and then any strategy reading this information.
How would you ensure then that you are working with the latest values?

The registered feature would provide the API user with commissions and overnights from the server. This will be implemented as soon as available.

Post subject: Re: How to get overnights using API without opening an order? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 Nov, 2013, 06:52 

User rating: 9
API Support wrote:
forexegyptian wrote:
How would you ensure then that you are working with the latest values?

The registered feature would provide the API user with commissions and overnights from the server. This will be implemented as soon as available.

I mean exactly this feature must be registered in API connected from server
I'm waiting this important feature

Post subject: Re: How to get overnights using API without opening an order? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 26 Mar, 2020, 12:36 

User rating: 21
A method of getting the current overnight rates (swaps) is still missing.
Now I requested this here: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... 83&t=57299
I hope it will be implemented soon.

There might be a workaround by this: getSwaps() - Method in interface com.dukascopy.api.IReportPosition
https://www.dukascopy.com/client/javado ... getSwaps--
So you would get the swaps of closed positions at least.
But for me it is not clear how to get access to this IReportPosition interface.

Post subject: Re: How to get overnights using API without opening an order? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 May, 2020, 17:40 

User rating:
Greetings.

In the next SDK version there will be a method to get current swap rates for the subscribed instrument.

Regards.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com