Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API function requests in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Enable order.SetComment() for Filled orders
 Post subject: Enable order.SetComment() for Filled orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Mar, 2021, 09:47 

User rating: 0
I am struggling with the limitation in order.setComment() which allows comment modification for pending orders only.

I have to log my filled order comments to file, and then match them to the historical strategy report table based on the order label. Why does it have to be so hard?

Please make the order.SetComment() method applicable to orders of state IOrder.State.OPENED and IOrder.State.FILLED - just like order.setStopLossPrice(), order.setTakeProfitPrice(), etc.

Post subject: Re: Enable order.SetComment() for Filled orders Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Sun 14 Mar, 2021, 02:04 

User rating: 1
Yes I support that as well. This became doable with JForex but not via scripting.
This will allow to store modifiable data within a position and not rely on external files, useful in many cases.

Post subject: Re: Enable order.SetComment() for Filled orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Apr, 2021, 13:42 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Greetings.

Orders are to the place to store data, especially log of filled order.
It can be marked by label or comment, and then wright any date by that index in table or file.

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Enable order.SetComment() for Filled orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 27 May, 2021, 14:52 

User rating: 0
Hi Vadim,

I don't understand. Could you please explain again?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com