Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API function requests in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Please provide Report like metatrader
 Post subject: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 3   New post Posted: Fri 12 Jun, 2015, 11:32 

User rating: 9
in Metatrader strategy tester provide report contains many rich information as an example Balance Drawdown Absolute and Expected Payoff with chart and etc like the picture down.i don't know why dukascopy didn't provide reports like that. it is very an important and very useful for any strategy developer.

Please i strongly suggested that dukascopy add this feature request in next release.

Attachments:
HT.jpg [225.25 KiB]
Downloaded 1025 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Sun 14 Jun, 2015, 02:53 

User rating: 4
100% agree.

Current JForex report is a shame, please provide a useful one.

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 15 Jun, 2015, 00:51 

User rating: 70
It's ridiculous that users are still asking for this BASIC and ESSENTIAL feature in June 2015.

We can see in the past 18 months where priorities lie at this so called bank (I say so called since having done business with Barclays, Citi and Saxo in the past 24 months there's simply no comparison - although the first two are in an entirely different bracket).

While clearly Dukascopy is a better outfit than most MT4 brokers, I'm in no doubt that the Russian (and other) C++ developers at Metaquotes Software Corporation are far better software engineers than the ones currently working hard to cobble together this thing called JForex (the bug rate and regression rates are totally unacceptable, even for a bucketshop in the philippines, let alone a swiss bank). I'm led to believe that the bank has over 190 employees, what I'm not clear on is who these people are, what they do and what vetting they go through since it's clear there's no one solely responsible for defining, architecting and delivering a professional trading platform for professional developers and traders. Of course there are people focusing on Social Networking, mobile applications, delivering visual strategy tools for non-developers and for sure finding ever more intelligent ways of attracting pretty young girls who will never ever trade a dime but will hang around for months chasing cash prizes and designer goods.

Even if you forget about the back testing statistics issue, it's still night and day between JForex and a number of other platforms - in terms of build quality, reliability, feature set, roadmap and so on. The problem we have then is that there are no bridging products allowing us to connect superior client interfaces to the SWFX ECN.

If JForex 4 doesn't completely redefine the game and restore JForex's reputation, there MUST be a call for the opening of the FIX API as well as a binary Bridging solution allowing for the use of other client software that are far more stable, consistent and feature rich. These forums going back to 2013 document the rationale for this line of thinking very well.

If the internal development team lack direction, incentive or manpower, open sourcing critical areas of the system (even to a closed group of developers) would improve the process overnight (peer reviews alone among the calibre of people keen to contribute to fintech projects would flush out 'pretenders' within a month), the same would introduce rigorous testing, increase the profile of the platform within the market place and give Dukascopy access to bleeding edge functionality and features it could choose to approve and/or integrate or forgo. There are many excellent developers who would to jump at the chance of contributing code to a platform operated by a bank. Not only is it a good CV credit, a lot of these guys actually just love writing great code that is reliable, tested and high-performing.

Someone must have a vision for excellence and the will to bring it about.

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jun, 2015, 06:34 

User rating: 9
Why Support Team didn't respond to my question ?

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Tue 07 Jul, 2015, 06:07 

User rating: 2
CriticalSection, i agree with you!!!

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Tue 13 Oct, 2015, 10:37 

User rating: 2
I support this idea in JForex historical tester. Its tedious having to first create a strategy in MQL, optimize in MetaTrader then recreate again in JForex.

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 16 Apr, 2016, 08:43 

User rating: 0
Hello, traders. Yes, I'm also facing the problem of scant report while testing my strategy. It's strange that support doesn't answer but I think there is a way to do such report myself, i.e. to do my personal report with information I need. However, I don't know how to do that. Maybe someone suggests or maybe such solution already exist.

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Apr, 2016, 15:21 

User rating: 21
We did a MT4 styled Strategy report for JForex. It produces an Excel spreadsheet. Find an example attached.
Please let me know if you are interested. My email [email protected]

Attachments:
File comment: MT4 Statistics Example
MT4Stat_StratA_.xlsx [32.38 KiB]
Downloaded 276 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Please provide Report like metatrader Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 20 May, 2016, 20:20 

User rating: 1
Surprising, but the whole programmer team can be found on linkedin:

https://lv.linkedin.com/in/anatoly-poku ... =pub-pbmap
https://lv.linkedin.com/in/denirun?trk=pub-pbmap
https://lv.linkedin.com/in/andrejs-bure ... =pub-pbmap
https://lv.linkedin.com/in/aleksandrs-l ... =pub-pbmap

Contacting them directly might shed some light on why the customers abadoned at dukascopy?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com