Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread
 Post subject: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Thu 07 Jun, 2012, 09:25 

User rating: 94
Hi Dukascopy Community:

I'm trying to do a series of articles of strategy creation. As some typping code is need i will provide here the files with the code in the articles to avoid this work for the ones who want to try it.

EDIT: To be easy to access all articles and other information i will edit this post to put the links referencing the changes:

At the moment the articles presented in the article library:
- Are you ready for your first strategy ??? - need to find it at Article Library or in my article contest profile in Jun/2012
- Creating your first strategy
- Creating your first strategy (part 2)
- Creating your first strategy (part 3)
- Creating your first strategy (part 4)
- Creating your first strategy (part 5)
- Creating your first strategy (part 6)
- Creating your first strategy (part 7)
- Creating your first strategy (Part 8)
- Creating your first strategy (Part 9)

Other related media:

As i can't post more than 10 url tags, i concentrate all videos on my YouTube Channel
- Webinar at 30/07/2012
- better explanation of the content of the webinar above
- Webinar at 15/08/2012 - Not so good as i want but can be watched...
- Webinar at 26/09/2012 - Really bad, but you can see it and decide... Defenitely i need to practicise my spoken english :(

Useful strategies:

- myOfflineTrades - Do manual trading on the "Historical Tester" (version 0.1.3 20121226)
Attachment:
myOfflineTrades.jfx [39.23 KiB]
Downloaded 2081 times

Attachment:
myOfflineTrades.java [47.46 KiB]
Downloaded 1732 times

Useful indicators:

Daily, weekly and monthly ranges (HL and OC) with 1/3, 1/2 and 2/3 values of the HL and OC.
Attachment:
JL_Range.jfx [16.95 KiB]
Downloaded 1541 times

END EDIT AREA

The code provided in this post include the code on third article that will be posted soon.

Attachment:
MyFirstStrategy.java [7.77 KiB]
Downloaded 1863 times

Edit: There was a error on function getLabel() where the string returned don't is accepted by the platform because invalid characters. Is ok now. Also i changed the way how the order status is verified (changed this code to onMessage method).

I hope you like this series of articles.
If you have something to say or suggest, fell free to do so.

Trade well and prospers on your way

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 11 Jun, 2012, 18:22 

Hi Dukascopy Community:

My third article is approved and you can see it here

I hope you like it

Trade well and prospers in your way.

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Jun, 2012, 13:46 

Hi Dukascopy Community:

My last article is out... you can read it here

As stated on article, i leave here 3 strategies where we can see Bar, Tick and IMessages events.

I hope you like the article.

Attachment:
MyFirstStrategy_BarEvents.java [3.27 KiB]
Downloaded 1619 times

Attachment:
MyFirstStrategy_onMessage.java [3.69 KiB]
Downloaded 1639 times

Attachment:
MyFirstStrategy_TickEvents.java [3.15 KiB]
Downloaded 1487 times

Trade well and good luck

[Edit] corrected the inline atachments, one of them is posted twice.

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 Jul, 2012, 00:41 

Hi Dukascopy Community:

Other article is out, just waiting approval. You can read it here.

Finally we build strategies (i'm leaving for next other important aspects) as some users are asking about a real strategy.
In this article i will do that twice with one simple and fun strategy and the one i made for this month's contest.

The strategies follow bellow:

Attachment:
BlindGame.java [7.96 KiB]
Downloaded 1548 times

Attachment:
myRSI.java [13.76 KiB]
Downloaded 1634 times

if you want them compiled just say and i will provide them.

I hope you like this article series.

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 31 Jul, 2012, 19:32 

User rating: 2
Hello :)
how is your work going?
i spent last 3 weeks to improve my trading.
results are excellent.

i think time has come to make it automated.
this will require me some more weeks but i don't care.
i will not use it in the jforex contest.
but i can't share it.
funny. ehhe

now...
problem n.1: i need to compile a custom indicator. based in your knowledge....is this possible? to do this maybe i need to understand the way how jforex reads price data and prints them in the chart, since indicators are based in past price data.
where should i start from?!

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 31 Jul, 2012, 23:43 

Hi Scramble:

If you have the code of the custom indicator, to not be necessary to make a strategy calling the external custom indicator, you can implement the indicator code inside the strategy itself. Of corse you can use the .jfx of the custom indicator file outside the strategy. The Dukascopy wiki explain how to do that here
If you have some more specific question, just ask and i will try to help.

I wish you the best luck with it.

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Aug, 2012, 11:56 

Hi Dukascopy community:

My webinar at 30/07/2012 in my opinion did not result in the best way. Thinking in this i made one version of it, but only with notes/legends and i think this is very understandable. You can see it here.
I hope you like it.

Trade well and prospers in your way

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Aug, 2012, 09:28 

Hi Dukascopy Community:

Other article of "Creating your first Strategy" series is out. You can access it here

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Aug, 2012, 15:00 

jlongo wrote:
Hi Scramble:

If you have the code of the custom indicator, to not be necessary to make a strategy calling the external custom indicator, you can implement the indicator code inside the strategy itself. Of corse you can use the .jfx of the custom indicator file outside the strategy. The Dukascopy wiki explain how to do that here
If you have some more specific question, just ask and i will try to help.

I wish you the best luck with it.

JL

hi jose,
sorry for the HUUUUUGE delay! :o
was very busy.
seems like the strategy i developed will be almost impossible to automate. too much complex.
meanwhile will begin to study the java thing and try to develop something in next weeks for the strategy contest. something more simple :roll:

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Aug, 2012, 15:37 

Hi scramble:

Well, when starting, start with simple things, make them work and after go for the next step. Is the easiest way. If need something just ask :)

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Aug, 2012, 11:37 

Hi Dukascopy Community:

I forget to update the links, a new article is available at some days:

- Creating your first strategy (part 6)

I updated the first post

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 Aug, 2012, 21:29 

User rating: 0
Hi jlongo,

I'm reading your articles about "Creating your first strategy".
I appreciate it a lot, I'm trying to learn how to make my strategies with jforex
I sent you my regards

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Aug, 2012, 19:06 

Hi vurbileron:

Thank you! I hope you find this articles useful. Any question, just say.

Best regards

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 Aug, 2012, 21:45 

User rating: 1
Hey JL,

good article mate!
congratulations!

Keep the good work :)

SmithJr

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Sep, 2012, 23:42 

Hi Dukascopy community:

Right now i have a hard work all this month because of two weeks of holidays and i don't have the time and patience to complete some of the articles i have for next articles of this series but i will be here next month with more...

Until them... green pips for all!

Best regards

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012, 21:38 

User rating: 1
Hey JL,

Will we see you in October?

I hope your work is fine now, September is almost gone!

See you soon,
SmithJr

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012, 21:47 

Hi SmithJr:

Yes, surelly i will be there in October i hope ! I have 2 articles almost done for October and more to complete but needing more study of the API.
At this point i'm too busy with my full time work, and unfortunatly (or not) this will entends to the beggining of next year and i have to leave something behind...

Thank you for your concerns, i hope everything goes well with you!

Best regards

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012, 17:49 

i'm again here
hehehe
winter is coming and as planned (i'm 1month and a half late..) i will try to build my own strategy to use in automated jforex. i have my own manual strategy but is not possible to make automated since required a lot of correlation of informations and other things like supply demand level based in the overall context (i think this is not "code-able").

anyway, refreshing some old notes i had a great and "very simple" strategy and i think i could be ready also for the month of november.
Just re-read all your articles and already coding first lines and so already have first problems... lol.
at a certain point i will surely need your "assistance" :oops:

for the moment, thanks again and again for the series of great inputs you did! without them i would be now totally lost!! :roll:

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012, 03:29 

Hi scramble:

Thank you for your comments. I'm very glad that my articles can be useful for someone.

Let's see if i have the time to release my planed new articles about strategies this weekend.

Best regards

JL

Post subject: Re: Article series "Creating your first strategy" - Support and files thread Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 06 Oct, 2012, 01:13 

Hi Dukascopy Community:

I have created a new article about a great tool (i think) i developed that allow us to do manual trading on Historical Tester.

In this article i talk how to use this strategy and on the next one i will talk how i made it.

You can read the article after Dukascopy approval:

Creating Your First Strategy (part 7)

[EDIT] - Just to inform that i need to split this article in two articles!

[EDIT TWO] - please download only the strategy on the first post of the thread, it's updated as new versions are released with corrections or new features, i don't update this one (sorry, but don't make any sense update on both posts). I will do a "bump" on the thread when that occurs.
[END EDIT]

In atachment on this post you can download the strategy
Attachment:
myOfflineTrades.jfx [35.64 KiB]
Downloaded 1592 times

I hope you like it!

JL

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com