Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Technical article - strategy optimization (java)
 Post subject: Technical article - strategy optimization (java) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012, 20:19 

User rating: 5
Are technical articles also allowed in the contest? I would like to write an article about strategy optimization, but it would be very technical.

Post subject: Re: Technical article - strategy optimization (java) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012, 21:35 

User rating: 94
Hi cenobit:

I don't see anything in rules against technical articles but let's wait for Dukascopy Team opinion if any... In case of technical articles, maybe, you have less audience but Dukascopy Team may have last word in final valuation... It seems there the readers have a preference for trading strategies :)

Best regards

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: Technical article - strategy optimization (java) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 15 Apr, 2012, 00:05 

User rating: 1
Personally, I think you should write about it, and if you do it well you will be rewarded in the end. But you could end up doing a series of articles starting with the basics and moving up to the more complex things if you want and that could introduce people to coding strategies more.

Just a suggestion, enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Technical article - strategy optimization (java) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 16 Apr, 2012, 23:01 

User rating: 1
AdrianWS wrote:
Personally, I think you should write about it, and if you do it well you will be rewarded in the end. But you could end up doing a series of articles starting with the basics and moving up to the more complex things if you want and that could introduce people to coding strategies more.

Just a suggestion, enjoy!

Just like Adrian said, I also think that writing everything about your strategy in one single article would occupy too much space (as there is only 1500 words allowed). Try making it in smaller parts then you have more articles and wider reach of readers.
Cheers.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com